JobScore is under a DDoS attack (distributed denial of service) by someone outside of JobScore who is flooding our servers with requests.
Your data is safe and things are okay. We are doing everything in our power to keep the service available and are putting in place measures to avoid this in the future. Here’s the play-by-play update:
- Since ~3:30 PM Pacific time on July 11th 2012 JobScore has been under continuous DDoS attack.
- We were not returning requests from 3:30PM to 6:30PM Pacific time on July 11th – when we were able to restore service.
- The attacks continued and we’ve experienced two separate periods of roughly 15 minutes when our ability to return requests was impaired at 10:30AM and 2:00PM Pacific time on July, 12th.
- Due to a security flaw related to WordPress we have disabled the Jobscore blog and will be migrating to a new hosted blog provider.
- We have engaged with a specialist security service provider and will have permanent DDoS counter-measures in place shortly.
We apologize for the intermittent downtime and appreciate your patience as we fend off this malicious attack.
Thanks again for your patience and support through this trial,
Founder & CEO