Candidate Questions in Job Applications
You can now insert custom questions into Job Applications. This means that if you are hiring a French teacher you can ask job seekers “How long have you spoken French?” and store an answer. Here’s how it works:
- There are 4 types of self-service candidate questions: Text, Multiple Choice, Checkbox and File Upload.
- Candidate questions can be optional or required on a job-by-job basis.
- All questions are re-usable across your jobs and are stored in the candidate questions library.
- We’ve added some sample questions to your library to make it easier to get started.
- You can include a question in every job application form by adding it in your global careers site configuration settings.
- If you are on the professional or enterprise plan you can add and remove questions on a job-by-job basis. If not, you can only add and remove them in your global careers site configuration settings.
While candidate questions are powerful, we encourage restraint. Try to use them sparingly because every question you add to your job application form decreases the likelihood a great candidate will complete it.
In the next few weeks we’ll add the ability to have multiple job templates in your account. This will allow you to set up job application forms with different questions for specific departments & locations in your company. Stay tuned!
Need a hand configuring candidate questions? Please email email@example.com.