Job Seeker Frequently Asked Questions
- Is my personal information really kept confidential?
- How do I keep my current employer from seeing my JobScore profile?
- Who can access my profile?
- How do I delete my profile from JobScore?
- Do I have to pay to use JobScore?
- What are the different ways to register with JobScore?
- How do I have a JobScore profile if I never registered on your website?
- Why can’t I search for jobs on JobScore?
- Can I see a complete list of all jobs on JobScore?
- How do I let an employer know I am interested in a job on JobScore?
- Why do I have to register with JobScore?
- Why do I have to fill out a profile, can’t I just add my resume?
- How long does it take to register with JobScore?
- Do I need a resume to register with JobScore?
- Can I use my LinkedIn profile or other online profile instead of a resume to apply for a job on JobScore?
- Why won’t my resume upload?
- Why do you need my contact information?
- What types of employers use JobScore?
- How many employers are using JobScore?
- What types of jobs are in JobScore?
- What is job matching?
- How long does it take to see job matches
- What do I do if I am matched with a job?
- What does the match score mean?
- What if I don’t like the jobs I’m being matched with on JobScore?
- Why don’t I have any job matches?
- How many employers can access my profile?
- How will employers contact me?
- How often am I updated about new job matches?
- I want to relocate. How can I be matched with jobs in other locations?
- Can I create two profiles?
- What do I do if a recruitment agency contacts me through JobScore?
- What happens if I’m hired?
Is my personal information really kept confidential?
Yes! Protecting your privacy is a vital part of our mission.
How do I keep my current employer from seeing my JobScore profile?
When you create your JobScore profile we automatically block both your current employer and all previous employers we find on your resume. You control the list of who cannot see your profile. You can adjust their list of blocked employers on the privacy controls page.
Who can access my profile?
How do I delete my profile from JobScore?
Sorry, we don’t completely delete profiles from JobScore because employers already have copies of your profile. We do, however, allow you to "turn off" your profile so that no additional employers can contact you. To turn off your profile:
- Visit the privacy controls page and set it to "Remove Network Profile" Now your profile is "off" and you have "opted out" of JobScore.
Do I have to pay to use JobScore?
No! JobScore is FREE for all job seekers.
What are the different ways to register with JobScore?
- Apply for a job at any employer that uses JobScore
- Register on our website.
How do I have a JobScore profile if I never registered on your website?
If you applied to a job at an employer that uses JobScore and didn’t get the job, they may have activated your profile in the JobScore Network. You were sent an email when this happened. If you are unhappy with the employers that are contacting you through JobScore, feel free to adjust your privacy controls or turn off your profile at any time.
Why can’t I search for jobs on JobScore?
JobScore is not a job board where you search for jobs. Instead, we recommend you for jobs that match your skills and interests. When there is a job that matches what you want, we show your anonymous profile to the employer. If they want to talk to you, we let you know. With JobScore, there’s no need to search: great jobs find you!
Can I see a complete list of all jobs on JobScore?
Sorry, but you can’t. We’re not a job board, and we don’t maintain a complete list of jobs that you can search and review. However, most of our jobs are listed on free job sites like www.indeed.com and www.simplyhired.com – feel free to look for them there.
How do I let an employer know I am interested in a job on JobScore?
If you find a job that you like, just apply! If you are contacted by a JobScore employer via email, just email them back to let them know you are interested.
Why do I have to register with JobScore?
So we can recommend you for the right jobs! If you don’t tell us what you’ve done and what you want to do, how are we going to recommend you for your dream job?
Why do I have to fill out a profile, can’t I just add my resume?
We do ask you to add your resume and we use it to pre-populate your profile. To make great matches and protect your privacy, however, we also need you to tell us some information that is not on your resume … your job preferences.
How long does it take to register with JobScore?
Provided your resume is up-to date, a few minutes. If not, as long as it takes you to update your resume plus a few minutes.
Do I need a resume to register with JobScore?
Yes, you need a resume to register with JobScore for two important reasons:
Can I use my LinkedIn profile or other online profile instead of a resume to apply for a job on JobScore?
Yes. This isn’t ideal (employers seem to prefer full resumes) but you can cut-and-paste your profile into the "type resume" field in lieu of a resume.
Why won’t my resume upload?
JobScore only accepts text based resumes in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt, .rtf and.html formats and up to 5MB in size. If your resume is in one of these formats and it still won’t upload, please email us at email@example.com and we’ll assist you with any issue you’re running into.
Additionally, if you are having trouble, you can always select “type resume” instead of “attach resume” and cut-and-paste the text of your resume rather than upload a document.
Why do you need my contact information?
You need to provide contact information for two important reasons:
- Your contact information is the unique identifier used to set up your profile – it lets us know you are you.
- Employers use this information to contact you for interviews
With JobScore you have complete control over who can access to your information using your privacy controls. We only share your information with your permission with real companies that are hiring for real jobs. We don’t allow resume consultants, recruitment agencies, mortgage brokers, or anyone else who isn’t hiring to use JobScore.
What types of employers use JobScore?
Right now the greatest concentration of employers is in the San Francisco Bay Area, but there are customers using JobScore around the United States and we even have some customers in other countries.
Only direct employers can use JobScore, and we don’t allow third party recruiters to access the system. With JobScore you are only matched with real jobs at real companies.
If you are contacted by a recruitment agency or anyone else who is not a direct employer through JobScore, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate. If they are not a direct employer, we will turn off their account.
How many employers are using JobScore?
Unlike the other big online job boards, JobScore is a quality, not a quantity site. JobScore reviews every company in the network, so you can be sure that all contacts you make through JobScore are real, legitimate and recent.
What types of jobs are in JobScore?
JobScore helps any kind of employer fill all of their jobs. So we have jobs:
- At small companies and big companies
- Across all different industries
- For all kinds of people, from administrative assistants to lawyers, nurses and engineers.
- Full time, contract, part time and virtual positions.
We don’t allow third party recruiters to use JobScore. With JobScore you are only matched with real jobs at real companies.
Right now JobScore is primarily working with employers in the San Francisco bay area.
What is job matching?
Hiring is not a one-way process. A good fit requires that you like the job and that the employer likes you! JobScore technology uses both your qualifications and job preferences to make sure we only connect you with jobs that that are a good fit.
How long does it take to see job matches?
It depends. How often you are matched with jobs is determined by your qualifications, job preferences and privacy controls. You could be contacted about 5 jobs on the first day, or it could be a year before someone contacts you.
We’ve designed JobScore to accommodate the needs of passive job seekers – people who aren’t really looking for a job, but who will interview if something great comes along. Our goal is to present you with fewer, higher quality matches. We don’t want to bother you with lots of jobs that don’t meet your needs.
What do I do if I am matched with a job?
JobScore notifies you by email when an employer wants to talk to you about a specific job.
There is no need to write a cover letter or submit a resume; if you’ve been matched with a job and received an email, the employer already has access to your information and wants to talk to you. Just relax, respond, listen to their pitch and see if it’s interesting.
What does the match score mean?
A match score indicates how well you fit a specific job. The higher the score, the better fit. Match scores are calculated based on your job preferences. You can view the match scores for both the positions you’ve applied for and the companies who have contacted you in your account.
What if I don’t like the jobs I’m being matched with on JobScore?
If you want to turn off your profile visit the privacy controls page and set your match level to "NO ONE can contact me."
Why don’t I have any job matches?
If you aren’t being matched with any jobs, you may want to revisit your job preferences. For instance, if you chose to only be matched with jobs within a 5 mile radius of your zip code, you may want to change that to 20 miles.
You can also change the match level on your privacy controls. For instance, if you change your match level from "very strong" to "good" you will increase the number of jobs we recommend you for.
Employers will contact you based on the information you include in your profile. Making sure this information is accurate and complete can also increase your number of matches.
Please remember that employers open and close jobs all the time, so your number of matches will fluctuate up and down.
How many employers can access my profile?
How will employers contact me?
If you apply for a job, the employer has your contact information and they will contact you if they are interested.
If an employer accesses your profile in the JobScore Network, you are sent a job match email which includes the email address of the person who accessed your profile – so they can contact you, or you can contact them!
How often am I updated about new job matches?
I want to relocate. How can I be matched with jobs in other locations?
Yes, there are two ways to do this.
- When you create your job matching profile you will be asked about your desire to relocate. Simply check the appropriate box and you will be matched to jobs that are willing to relocate job seekers
- In your profile, enter the zip code in the area you want to relocate to instead of your current home zip code.
Can I create two profiles?
We strongly encourage you to have only one profile in JobScore, however, if you use different email addresses you can create more than one JobScore profile.
What do I do if a recruitment agency contacts me through JobScore?
If you are contacted by a third party recruiting firm through JobScore, please email email@example.com and we will investigate and/or turn off their account.
What happens if I’m hired?
CONGRATULATIONS! If you are hired by a JobScore employer, we automatically set your privacy controls to "NO ONE can contact me" so that you will no longer be matched with jobs. If you want to be contacted by employers again, just log into your account and turn it back on!