Shmoop (www.shmoop.com) is a digital curriculum company that makes learning, teaching, and test prep materials that are - get this - smart and fun. We are seeking graduate students and professionals who know there is a better way to comprehend.
Work with an exciting and growing company doing what you love. We are looking for writers who are passionate about their subjects, are well-informed about current events and today's youth culture, and have a good sense of humor.
- Content Writers: AP Microeconomics, AP Macroeconomics
- Candidates must have a Ph.D.
- Candidates must have strong writing, editing, and literary analysis skills
- We welcome all majors
- Experience and comfort with writing for a non-academic audience, and potential/ability to write in a Shmoopy voice - fun, clear, engaging
- Self-starting, flexible, and comfortable working independently
- Brownie points if you have taught, or currently teach, either subject
- Extra brownie points if you have taught, or currently teach, test prep for either subject
Flexible hours and location (work from home), paid per completed writing project.
When you are finally ready to change learning forever, send us your wittiest writing sample pertaining to one of the subjects listed above, making sure to include cover letter and resume.