TechShed operates in a fierce startup culture where we move fast and take risks, where what you brainstorm in the morning can be implemented in the afternoon. Folks who are afraid of impassioned whiteboard debates and rowdy ping-pong games need not apply. We’re looking for people who are zealous about building products that drive billions of dollars in revenue.
Our philosophy relies heavily on working hard and playing hard: Life at TechShed includes company ski trips, wine tastings, and work-abroad opportunities. Sound like a good time? Come build things with the company that builds things in America.
- Free catered meals and a fully stocked kitchen — hone your latte-art skills here
- Free shuttle service to/from SF and Caltrain — load up your Clipper card on us
- Gym reimbursement and wellness incentives — our office is bicycle-, scooter- and dog-friendly
- Tuition and industry-related conference reimbursement — we support your career development
- Work-abroad opportunities — take your laptop and see the world
- Medical, vision, & dental coverage — we want you to take care of yourself
- 401K Matching & ESPP (purchase our stock at a 15% discount) — get stocked up
Take a look at what it's like to work at Techshed:
- Relish in the role of being a mobile specialist. We will look to you to solve hard problems and make our iPhone, Android, or HTML 5 app fast, elegant and awesome.
- Build features in our mobile app. This could include things to do with location, social networks, adding user-generated content, tying our client code to critical server-side functionality, or even building apps that take full advantage of the mobile APIs.
- Move fast, you'll be releasing new versions on average of once a month
- Apply your CS fundamentals to step outside mobile and interact with and work on our web product
- 3+ years building native iOS or Android mobile apps through commercial experience
- Thorough understanding of Android or iOS SDK
- Skilled at creating beautiful UIs from mocks
- Desire to dig into existing architectures, libraries, APIs and even build your own
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science
- PASSIONATE about realizing great design through code. You have opinions about the products you work on and aren't afraid to defend them / be criticized / be wrong. You know how to be confident and consultative at the same time.
- Excited about working in a fast-moving, high-profile professional software development start-up. You’ll be writing code that will ship within weeks to millions of people.
Nice to Have:
- You have an eye for design. You are interested in visual and/or interaction design, and maybe have even performed one of these roles in the past.
- Experience working in short, agile, iterative development cycles.
- You code for fun and have a side project or two you want to show us.
- Experience integrating with third parties - through APIs or otherwise.
- Ability to teach us something!