Location: Redwood City, CA
PubMatic’s vision is to build the world’s largest independent publisher platform for online display advertising. Our revenues have been growing over 100% each year and we are expanding globally. To help us in our mission, we are in search of people who are innovative, action-oriented, have an ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment with high standards of personal excellence,
We are looking for a General Counsel with a broad legal background and a desire to build a world-class legal function. Reporting to the CFO, you will be responsible for all legal affairs of the company, including contracts, privacy policies, intellectual property, compliance and governance. You will exercise your legal acumen to solve interesting and innovative legal questions while playing a key role in taking the company to global prominence.
* Provide leadership and oversight of the company’s legal affairs.
* Work closely with the business teams to execute contracts involving daily business transactions, licensing agreements, business partnership agreements, etc.
* Provide legal judgment and guidance regarding:
o IP strategy and the corresponding implementation of that strategy.
o Employment and HR matters, including immigration, new hires, etc.
o General corporate legal matters including corporate governance, stock option plan, etc.
o Regulatory compliance efforts.
* Lead the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes to support high growth and scale.
* Participate in corporate transactions, including M&A, partnerships, equity and debt financing, joint ventures and security law matters.
* Participate in the company’s product development, ensuring compliance with legal policies and procedures.
* Retain and manage relationships with outside legal counsel in any or all of the fields referenced above, on an as needed basis and with an appropriate cost/benefit profile
* Juris doctorate.
* Internet and technology law experience.
* Experience in the on-line ad industry.
* Experience with both public and private company financial compliance.
* Multi-state experience – ideally CA & NY; must be admitted to practice in California.
* 10+ years of legal experience (ideally combination of law firm and corporate).
* Significant experience in drafting contracts, consumer privacy (including EU privacy regulations), intellectual property, compliance, and corporate governance.
* International experience.
* Experience as a leader, team builder and team player. High integrity a must.
* A problem solver who is able to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Proven ability to reach consensus driven decisions
* Strong communicator
* Excellent business judgment, with an ability to think strategically and give practical advice
PubMatic’s ad monetization and management solution combines impression-level ad auction technology, the most comprehensive brand protection tools, and enterprise ad operations support to give the Web’s premium publishers the most control over their revenue and brand.
PubMatic has seven offices around the world in the US, Europe, and Asia.
Some of the world’s most respected online publishers have chosen to work with PubMatic, including The Huffington Post, eBay, United Online, TV Guide, and the majority of the comScore Top 10.
PubMatic is venture backed by Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Nexus Venture Partners, and Helion Ventures.