Opportunity to join highly motivated team to build a high profile, already funded startup and participate in TechStars Boston. Your RoR (and other) engineering skills, intelligence, passion and experience building consumer web startups is your ticket. You will meet amazing people, learn Pivotal Labs-style XP/agile development and build something great that other developers need.
oneforty comes with all the excitement and opportunity of a Techstars startup that is backed by talented and successful investors/advisers who have built some of the best known companies on the web. oneforty inc. is a Twitter ecosystem/API venture with considerable traction...
- founder authored Twitter for Dummies and does tons of press and public speaking
- selected to participate in the acclaimed TechStars program
- closed our angel round
- starting with the best in the business -- Pivotal Labs
- investors and advisors that include Guy Kawasaki, VCs, Laura Rippy, Jeff Bennett and many others.
We're looking to hire YOU, if...
- You have a proven track record working in a fast paced start up that created and managed a highly scalable web platform
- You want to build a thriving community and serve other developers
- You get things done and are fired up about building something that will be highly visible and well-promoted
- You understand the range of related technologies well enough to identify the right tools for the job AND to roll up your sleeves and code well
- You have the vision and drive to direct technology decisions and the technical team
Show us your stuff! Tell us what you've built and what really gets you fired up.
You will meet and work with name brands in the tech industry. You will build tools and systems that hook up other developers. Your work will provide them with a place to get rewarded by their users and make their stuff shine. Longer-term you could get to build serious tools that serve developers in many API communities.
- Architect and lead the ongoing development of a high profile consumer website in the Twitter ecosystem
- Build out new product features, iterating fast and using agile, XP and lean startup methodology
- Set technology strategy, architect a solution, build a team * Create an intuitive user experience powered by robust technology
- You'll join a team that consists of a founder with extraordinary contacts and visibility, exceptional advisors and savvy angel investors
- Prior track record and successful technology leadership with a start up is crucial
- Architecture and technical product development building scalable marketplace that supports consumer web apps
- 5+ years broad-based technical development experience
- You have built successful applications that involved: databases, user ratings, payments, social networks, social media, ranking algorithms
- User & data-based rating systems, e-commerce and payments processing
- Judgment to balance user experience, cost, and implementation challenges
- Ruby on Rails and other modern web development technologies and the ability to choose among them
- Able to work with APIs, data portability protocols and emerging web standards such as OAuth, Activity Streams, HTML5, Microformats, Facebook Connect, OpenSocial, etc
- Solid commitment to Agile product development methodologies (XP, Scrum etc)
- Must be passionate about the opportunity to serve other developers and develop innovative solutions
- Believe in the open platform model of building great applications - we're building an application and business for other developers to build their businesses on
- Well-rounded. Skilled in all of the technical skills required to fill the position but also comfortable making direct contributions to design, user experience, and product strategy
- Individual with significant technical expertise who can make high-level strategic decisions and manage an engineering team * Roll-up-your-sleeves and code, "get it done" mentality.
- Communicate openly and honestly and be an engaged and productive team member
If this is you...
- Let us know what you've built and how you keep projects organized, well managed and iterating swiftly.
- Please send us your links: blog, projects, Twitter ID, social media profiles, resume, or anything else you’d like to share.