MarketShare is an analytics company that enables businesses to grow more efficiently via cross-media attribution and marketing optimization through our platform of combined technology, data, modeling and business intelligence solutions. We are reshaping the way companies think about advertising and marketing their products and services and delivers unprecedented recommendations and checkpoints to help them achieve the best possible ROI via marketing. The mathematics and modeling behind our work are globally recognized and respected as industry-leading.
We pride ourselves on a track record of developing ground-breaking innovations in predictive analytics and software, and delivering insights that exceed client expectations, which has led to continued growth and long-term client relationships. MarketShare is currently powering marketing and media insights for many of the Fortune 500 companies, leading ad agencies and large media conglomerates around the world. We have helped direct over $100 billion in marketing spend for clients in over 45 countries and all U.S. DMA's.
MarketShare team has grown worldwide across Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, London, Tokyo, and Bangalore.
To apply for open positions, please visit MarketShare.com/careers
MarketShare has created unique, break-through tools around resource allocation and optimization that are unprecedented and our solutions are driving massive change in the industry. We have been productizing these solutions and are taking them to the next level of scalability, performance and user-friendliness, while at the same time continuing to innovate and expanding on our vision to create the industry’s authority solutions.
The products team at MarketShare is looking for an Application Architect passionate and evangelical for cloud technology and appreciation of top notch security. In this role the ideal candidate will have great communication and technical leadership skills, a strong understanding of large scale problems and software abstractions, architecture, and frameworks and have extensive experience developing web applications.
The Applications Architect will be responsible for providing deep technical expertise regarding design/development of the application layer of the SaaS based marketing analytics platform.
1. Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent with 10+ years’ experience (or) Masters in Computer Science with 7+ years’ experience.
2. Stellar academic background and proven track record in creating world-leading Enterprise scale Application infrastructure.
3. Proven track record in creating industry leading products in key Engineering roles.
4. 5+ years of experience designing complex SaaS systems or business environments.
5. Strong experience implementing n-tier applications with an emphasis on the interaction of application servers with UI on one end and data stores on the other.
6. Experience with Web application frameworks.
7. Prior working experience in cloud computing is highly desired
1. Software development using Java, J2EE and Object oriented design and programming.
2. Solid design and coding skills with experience in web technologies: Java, Web Services, XML, SOAP, PHP, SOA frameworks, HTTP(s) & JMS protocols, Spring, Hibernate
3. Experience with application servers Tomcat, Jboss, Weblogic , Websphere.
4. Proficient in system architectures (translating application design to operational requirements)
1. "Self-starter" attitude and the ability to make decisions independently
2. An effective communicator, able to clearly articulate ideas and inspire others for action; clear, succinct and persuasive at all levels, including executives, with solid business acumen
3. Able to operate at highly varying levels of abstraction (business strategy, product strategy, technical design, and implementation)
4. Ability to evaluate technology options, including build / buy / partner options
5. Great written and presentation skills