Are you a Software Developer with high traffic web application experience? Are you passionate about open source technologies? At Hotlist, it’s all about speed and scalability in building specialized tools to solve social problems. Our development cycle is extremely fast. It's common to write code and have it running on the live site a few days later. Work with Hotlist to make an immediate impact and be part of our close-knit family.
Hotlist is a social planning tool that enables friends to easily coordinate and see what everyone is up to today, tomorrow and throughout the week. Hotlist allows people to easily discover Places and Events of interest via a personalized list of recommendations called ‘hotlists’. With over 100 million people in its index, Hotlist can show you where people plan to be in over 40,000 cities throughout the world. No texting; no phone calls; no more dull nights out, Hotlist is the easiest way to find out where and when people will be.
- 5+ years PHP
- 5+ years MySQL
- Design and develop scalable applications
- Subversion and Kohana experience a big plus
- Expertise with apache configuration, load balancing and caching technologies
- Internet Protocols (HTTP / HTTPS, SMTP, DNS)
- Proven experience in troubleshooting and solving complex problems
- Must demonstrate good communications skills
- Must be highly motivated, creative and thorough
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Equity Options
- Health Insurance
- Appreciation and Respect
- Cool office located in the heart of SoHo