Are you passionate about solving complex problems? Do you love finding new and creative ways to help customers? Do you have a knack for discovering innovative ideas to improve workflows? Are you energized by the opportunity to motivate and help people achieve their maximum personal growth?
We are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, and hands-on leader to build and manage the Technical Support team. The Technical Support team provides technical expertise to customers, partners, and developers on Bitcasa applications (web, desktop, mobile, and APIs). You will assume general management responsibilities while serving as a cross-functional liaison, working with product, engineering, marketing, and business development as the voice of the customer.
- Provide timely, accurate, and engaging solutions to customers, partners, and developers world-wide.
- Hire, grow, and retain a team of highly motivated Technical Support Engineers and Specialists.
- Establish team and individual goals and work with direct reports on strategies for achieving, measuring progress, and communicating results.
- Provide weekly key performance metrics to senior management.
- Identify inefficient workflows and implement scalable solutions.
- Identify customer trends and partner with Product Management and Engineering to improve the product usability, acting as an advocate for customers.
- Participate in weekly sprint planning meetings.
- Resolve escalated and complex technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting.
- Create reproducible test cases, file bug reports, and coordinate delivery of fixes.
- Maintain and track detailed records for all customer interactions in our internal ticketing system (Zendesk).
- Author knowledgebase articles for common issues.
- Occasional after hours/on-call work may be required.
Education and Experience
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical field required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in large scale, top internet company highly preferred in a technical support role
- A natural leader with a remarkable ability to motivate individuals and teams
- Experience troubleshooting SaaS environments is strongly preferred
- Extensive experience troubleshooting Microsoft Windows (MCSE/MCP)
- Extensive experience troubleshooting Mac OS X
- Familiarity with Linux distributions (Debian, Ubuntu, or Fedora)
- Knowledge of REST API and web applications
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting network-related issues including capturing and analyzing network traces
- Outstanding account management, follow-through and problem solving skills, resourceful, and detail oriented
- Friendly, outgoing, personable with strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be a good listener, creative, intuitive, resourceful and able to resolve problems in a fast-paced environment
- Independent, self-start, and team player
- Familiarity with Zendesk and JIRA a plus