Web Frontend Games Engineer at Tapulous in Palo Alto, CA
Disney Mobile, a division of the Disney Interactive Media Group, is a leading mobile gaming and entertainment network, reaching more than one out of every 3 iPhone, iPod touch and iPad users. Disney branded apps, including platinum titles Disney Fairies Fly, Jelly Car 2 and Toy Story 3, bring the magic of Disney stories and characters to life in new ways on mobile devices. Disney Mobile’s Palo Alto based Tapulous studio creates top-selling music and social apps including Tap Tap Revenge, which is one of the most successful gaming franchises on the iPhone platform.
- Build and maintain elegant HTML5/CSS3 interfaces for big-name iPhone games.
- Collaborate closely with other engineers, designers and producers to define, design and ship new features.
- Innovate using cutting edge technologies to deliver snappy, efficient, and beautiful mobile experiences to end-users.
- Significant experience developing within the context of a modern web framework (like Ruby on Rails, Codelgniter, CakePHP, Django, etc.).
- Passion for making user interfaces that look and work great.
- Enjoy experimenting with new technologies because it's in your nature, not because it's a job requirement.
NICE TO HAVE
- Mobile experience.
- PHP expertise.
- Formal training in computer science (bachelors, masters).
- Experience building and playing games particularly on mobile devices.
HOW TO APPLY
- Play Tap Tap Revenge. No seriously, please play before you apply. We will talk to you about the experience as part of the interview process.
- Write a cover letter. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Disney Interactive Media Group (DIMG), the interactive entertainment affiliate of The Walt Disney Company, creates immersive, connected, interactive experiences across console, online, mobile and social network platforms to entertain and inform audiences around the globe. DIMG's mission is to deliver Disney content to fans, whenever and wherever they want it, through numerous interactive media platforms.
Disney Interactive Media Group operates five global product groups: Disney Interactive Studios produces console and handheld video games for the Nintendo Wii™, Nintendo DS™, PlayStation®Portable, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment systems, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, and the personal computer; Disney Online produces Disney.com and a portfolio of leading lifestyle websites for families, including Family.com; Disney Online Studios develops online virtual worlds, providing connected game-play experiences for children around the globe; Disney Mobile brings the best of Disney content to the mobile web, smart phone applications, and mobile games; in addition, DIMG manages a Disney-branded mobile phone service in Japan in association with Softbank; and Playdom produces best-in-class content for the rapidly growing platform of casual games on emerging platforms and social networks such as Facebook and MySpace.
All five product groups work together to create a variety of connected, multi-platform entertainment experiences.