Marketing / Brand Manager, Spirits and Wine Industry at Sazerac Company in Ch...
Gemini Spirits & Wine Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Sazerac family of businesses, specializing in the building of niche, specialty, developmental spirit & wine brands.
Gemini Spirits & Wine Company has a long tradition of bringing fine wines and spirits from around the world to discriminating consumers in the United States. Founded in 1934 by Harry Feinberg, the company's early years were focused on the importation of predominantly first growth, exceptional French wines. A major departure took place at the 1964 World's Fair when the company launched Yago Sangria, which became the first 2 million case imported brand in the U.S. PepsiCo acquired the business in 1972, giving PepsiCo rights to Stolichnaya, a 10,000 case brand at the time, and other respected brands such as Concha y Toro. The company flourished; during 1977-79, it was the only U.S. wine importer to have five 100,000 case brands. The company was also building Stolichnaya into a great brand during that period; by 1993, Stoli was 1.2 million cases. In early 1994, U.S. distribution rights for Stoli were moved to Carillon as a result of industry changes.
After over 60 years of continued success, the New Orleans-based spirit company Sazerac acquired the company in 1994. Sazerac is a privately held, family owned business.
Gemini Spirits & Wine Company is headquartered and run from its offices in Chicago, Illinois.
- Develop annual brand budgets, create marketing plans, implement pricing strategy, and execute strategy to reach sales objectives.
- Grow brands via development of brand essence, positioning, communication platforms and budgets. Develop and deliver specific marketing plans, creative, packaging, pricing and PR tactics.
- Develop brand plans: Investigate market dynamics and determine target/consumer and approach to reach and influence. Monitor pricing and react appropriately to maintain momentum. Work with sales team to identify opportunities.
- Establish a key success criteria (milepost) and align supplier, sales and tactical activities to secure target. Create, manage and implemented marketing and tactical programming. Work with sales team on activating plans. Continually report out to the supplier successes, opportunities and necessary plan augmentation.
- Prioritize company time & resources against those brand state priorities most critical to achieving current and long term brand contribution objectives. Work closely with Sales team to ensure that brand and state prioritizations are aligned and brand portfolio are performing on profit, volume and KPI metrics.
- Develop price strategy. Direct and manage the implementation of this strategy and it's effect on our business.
Ensure an adequate frequency of public relation releases to build a positive image of Gemini Spirits and Wine portfolio to retailers, distributors, suppliers, employees and owners. Work with public relations lead to implement execution.
Requirements (must meet requirements for consideration):
- Spirits and/or Wine Industry
- Undergraduate Degree
- 10 years business experience
- Budgeting, planning and financial analysis experience
- Computer skills
- Willingness to travel
- Commercial experience and/or significant sales exposure
- 3 to 5 years brand management and /or trade marketing
Nice to haves:
- Experience with thee tier distribution system
- Project Management and Process design experience
- Alcoholic Beverage Industry compliance experience
National Accounts Experience