Sales Engineer at Involver in San Francisco, CA
As an Involver Sales Engineer you'll be responsible for educating prospects and customers on the capabilities of our enterprise social marketing platform, actively aligning customer goals with our product offerings. This unique organizational role works closely alongside our engineering team and sales professionals, engaging with prospects to understand and assess customer requirements, prepare and present demonstrations of our solutions and address technical questions that arise throughout the sales process. As an early member of the Sales Engineering team you'll also help define and drive iterative improvements to the sales engineering process within a meritocratic & results-driven environment.
- Engage directly with customers at both technical and non-technical levels to ensure maximu parity of overarching business goals with technical capabilities of Involver's platform
- Educate customers about Involver's Audience Management Platform and Social Markup Language, invoking customer confidence in these products while removing technical objections in the sales cycle
- Identify relevant customer success stories & articulate their key takeaways to prospects
- Build and present customized demonstrations for our product offerings
- Create prototypes that demonstrate functionality of Social Markup Language
- Interface with product management and engineering to share product feedback.
- Respond effectively to RFPs
- Work closely with internal delivery team to estimate customer projects
- Excellent technical, communication, presentation and organizational skills
- At least 2 years of experience serving in the capacity of a sales engineer or equivalent experience in a customer-facing role to include working as a member of a technical consulting team.
- Knowledge of SQL and experience developing queries and data extraction scripts for relational databases.
- Ability to actively internalize and articulate knowledge of the Facebook Platform – Core Development Technologies, Platform limitations, User Experience changes, Terms of Service, Breaches
An Ideal Candidate would have:
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent degree
- Prior experience working with a developer platform (Facebook, iOS, Android etc.)
- Prior experience in delivering developer training or equivalent technical instruction
- A working knowledge of Social Networking
Involver is the web's most trusted social marketing platform used by more than 450,000 brands and agencies worldwide. We help marketers quantify the value of their social marketing investments with market defining products like Involver's Audience Management Platform and over 30 of the most used applications on Facebook fan pages.
We are one of the fastest growing companies in our space with a seasoned senior management team with a wealth of experience at Microsoft, Yahoo!, DoubleClick, Google and more. In 2009, Involver was named a Facebook Preferred Developer and one of the most innovative companies on Amazon’s Cloud Computing platform. Involver is the trusted partner of the world’s top brands including Facebook, The White House, Sony/RCA Records, 2010 Winter Olympics, and many of the world’s most respected agencies.
Some of the benefits of this dynamic workplace include our great full benefits package for our employees, a dog-friendly work environment, a beautiful office in downtown San Francisco, bagel Wednesdays and much more.