Principal Software Engineer
DataXu seeks a highly motivated Principal Software Engineer to participate in the engineering of our automated media decision platform for advertisers.
About the Company:
DataXu is pioneering the next generation of advertising technology for the Internet. DataXu's goal is to disrupt and transform the $25 billion online display advertising market by providing ad agencies and their brand clients the first buy side automated, real-time ad-optimization platform. The platform gives brands a scalable way to dramatically reduce the cost of display advertising by leveraging their consumer data to find, optimally price, and purchase ad media via the new ad exchanges operated by Google, Yahoo, and server-side optimization companies.
The DataXu team combines machine-learning experts from MIT with successful entrepreneurs in the interactive advertising business. We are building a world-class technology company and looking for the best and brightest people to join our team.
· Hands-on large-scale system design and implementation with a focus on availability, scalability and reliability.
· Determine engineering tradeoffs, estimates, and overall approach
· Independently design, develop and test major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex applications
· Work with QA, Release Engineering and Product Management on packaging, deployment and automated builds
· 5 - 10 years of software development experience in Java with 3+ years as an architect or lead developer
· Knowledge of iterative design and release methodologies such as SCRUM or XP
· Good understanding of algorithms, data structures, performance optimization techniques, object-oriented programming, multi-threading and real-time programming.
· Exposure to large-scale systems development projects, in particular distributed systems
· Excellent leadership and communication skills
· Passion for building high-quality products
· Strong sense of commitment and responsibility
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills
· Familiarity with UNIX environments (Linux)
· MS/BS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)