What we’re all about:
Uberflip (formerly known as "Mygazines") empowers marketers, publishers, professionals, educators and corporations with the tools to produce, distribute and track their content on any web enabled device. Our clients have been converting traditional print versions of magazines, flyers, catalogs, brochures, corporate documents, textbooks, and newspapers into branded digital editions with us since 2008.
Who we’re looking for in a nutshell:
You strive to make the web more beautiful and easier to use. You're never satisfied with an application because you know it can always be "better". You're passionate abou the user's experience and how to reduce the complexity so anyone can use your design.
The successful candidate will work closely with our development team, helping to improve every aspect of our application and suggest new creative ways to make our tools easier to use.
An experienced web professional, the individual is expected to build elegant and efficient semantic code using best-practices. The individual will be fully aware of how to approach and develop for known browser and web issues.
- Technical education in applied web development or design (or an equivalent combination of experience and education)
- Expert knowledge of web GUI development
- 5+ years of progressive front end web development and UI design experience
Knowledge and Experience
- Currently creates layouts using CSS and XHTML on a daily basis.
- Advanced knowledge of Jquery (experience creating plugins a major asset!)
- Hands-on experience with MVC frameworks
- Experience with web-app development for iOS/Android using frameworks like Sencha Touch
- Experience with PHP and LAMP stack
Uberflip Work Place Culture
Being able to wear jeans to work and work in a fun and relaxed environment where music is always playing is just the beginning. Uberflip recognizes and embraces the importance of values in our ever-changing workplace. To be successful, all applicants must demonstrate behaviours that are reflective of our values. At Uberflip, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Uberflip offers challenging work, cutting-edge resources, a uniquely collaborative environment, competitive rewards and growth. If you have drive and determination to succeed this is the one place where you can feel free to challenge yourself, to explore new ideas, and create a career with tremendous impact.
How to get in the running:
Please apply using the Jobscore application process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.