SoundHound is leading the mobile sound search revolution. Join us.
SoundHound delights millions of users every day with its famously fast music and voice recognition apps, and is winning awards and praise along the way.
At SoundHound you'll be joining a diverse, world-class group of engineers, scientists, designers, and marketers on a team that includes both recent grads and seasoned veterans. Our strongest academic ties are with Stanford, and prior industry stops for our team members include Google, Amazon, Oracle, and Sony.
SoundHound not only builds killer apps but also the industry leading core technologies powering these apps. If you've worked on core technologies in a large company context, or have been an app developer licensing technologies that never quite keep up with your needs, you will appreciate the uniquely empowering experience of a workplace that combines people from both backgrounds -- literally within a few yards of each other.
We value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication and fast iteration, which allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees and users alike. SoundHound's culture is one of impromptu coffee breaks, less-impromptu fitness sessions, group lunches, and regular happy hours.
We offer a competitive salary, SoundHound stock options, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, and even occasional visits from recording artists (recently including Seal). SoundHound is an equal opportunity employer.
- You are a passionate music buff. You were the DJ at your college radio station back in the day, or at least had moments when you wished you were.
- Your dream job involves building/owning the data processing systems that power the music discovery experience of millions of users every day.
- You view coding as an art form, and your love of coding is second only to your love of deprecating even more code.
- You are a fast learner with strong software development skills, enabling you to meet aggressive deadlines while producing scalable and maintainable systems.
- Design and implement systems that manage the unique blend of data (audio data, meta-data, and traditional text-based content) powering our services.
- Process large data feeds from multiple music partners, making sure that we always represent the correct information for each artist, song, album, etc.
- Lots of coding, testing, and scripting in a linux environment.
- Regular interaction with other parts of the engineering organization including mobile apps teams and the core search team.
- Proficient in C++, Java, Php and other relevant languages (4 yrs+ experience)
- Strong familiarity with databases/SQL
- Experience manipulating and managing large amounts of data
- Ability to analyze and improve system scalability and stability
Nice to Haves:
- Experience manipulating terabytes of data.
- Familiarity with text search algorithms and related systems
- Experience building API's to support apps on iOS, Android, etc.
- Experience working with music-related data
- Familiarity with web crawling and related concepts
How to Apply:
- Please send us your resume and cover letter. Tell us why you would like a job at SoundHound in particular.