About this Start-up
"2012 Webby award winner Manilla <http://www.manilla.com> is the definitive digital account management service that instantly gets consumers organized, reduces clutter and stress, and saves time and money. With Manilla, consumers get an up-to-the-minute organized view of all their household accounts - including financial, utilities, travel rewards, and subscriptions – anywhere, anytime. Manilla also makes it easier for consumers to manage their accounts, pay their bills, and see and store forever all of their account-related mail.
Manilla is a fully-funded startup backed by Hearst Corporation, with a very seasoned and successful leadership team. Manilla has offices in New York and San Francisco.
About the Position and the Team
As a Software Engineer, you will play an instrumental role in designing, developing, and launching new customer facing products from end to end. You will be pair-programming in a dynamic Agile environment with the best open-source tools - Ruby On Rails, Redis, Resque, HAML, SASS, JQuery, and Git, to mention a few. Our small team is built on a flat organizational structure in an open environment where you own the code and provide valued input to help take Manilla to the next level!
• Design and develop on both the consumer-facing site and the back-end data integration platform. There’s a lot of work to do!
• Ensure product and platform is built with the best solutions for scalability, availability and security. The application needs to scale in a very big way.
• Interest in learning and prototyping technologies including (MongoDB, Redis, Riak etc..)
• Comfortable working in a small dynamic Agile environment and willing to take on various roles, no task too big or too small (whole team). We believe that all members of the team should be comfortable working in all layers of the stack. If you’re not quite there yet, be super willing to learn.
• A passion for strong consumer user experience and building the best software in the world
• Prior experience building and maintaining highly scalable production websites a plus
• A strong background in computer science and/or math
How to Apply
Please include a cover letter telling us why you are interested in working with us. Be sure to include sample URL's of any work you may have done.