Product Manager at ILABS in Montreal, Canada
Based in Montreal, Infinity Labs is a company specializing in the development and marketing of internet sites and a leader in its sector is presently searching for two Product Managers.
As a growing company, Infinity Labs offers positions involving mentoring & opportunity for advancement with a constant focus on employee enrichment and development. If you are a passionate and driven individual with an entrepreneurial mindset, then this is the place for you. You will be working as part of a team within a fast-paced, fun, challenging and creative environment in order to achieve team-oriented goals.
About the job
The Product Manager is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with research and product development, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The incumbent is responsible for defining business rules and for successfully aligning technical requirements with business objectives. The role also includes ensuring that the product supports the company's overall strategy and goals.
- Responsible for market, business case, and competitive analysis
- Responsible for long and short term product vision
- Responsible for ROI and Net Profit
- Prioritizes features for releases based upon expected ROI
- Writes Acceptance Criteria
- Writes user stories (and wireframe mockups and diagrams to help explain features)
- Makes tradeoff decisions between scope (value in Expected ROI) and schedule (higher operating expense in longer release cycles)
- Support sales and account leads by attending and driving product demonstrations for both clients and prospects
- Produce sales collateral including: competitive analysis, product benefit sheet, PowerPoint product slideshow, screen cast demo script, product feature list and constraints
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Able to understand IT concepts
- Proven ability to manage both people and projects
- Strong sense of teamwork and the ability to work with and lead cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of the organization
- A self starter who thrives in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy, and sincerity
- Skilled at creating and overseeing project schedules
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Strong analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with Scrum and Agile concepts a plus
Experience and education
- University degree in Business, Marketing or Computer Science.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in marketing or product management in a web-based environment.
- Proven track record of successful products launch and management
- Basic understanding of marketing research concept as well as financial tools to initiate business cases
- General understanding of Scrum (a certified Scrum Product Owner is a plus).
- Computer proficiency with web tools (JIRA and Confluence), office (excel, word, powerpoint) and mockup software (such as Balsamiq)
- There are 2 available positions
Infinity Labs offers a competitive salary, annual bonuses, paid vacation, training and development, free daily breakfast, birthday lunches, team building and social events, plus an attractive benefits package including health, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance. We even pay for part of your gym membership or your recreational sports fee in order to promote healthy active living!