Senior QA Engineer at Wildfire Interactive, Inc. in London, United Kingdom
About Wildfire Interactive:
Wildfire is a social media marketing software company positioned squarely on top of the social media revolution. We provide an all-in-one social marketing solution for large brands, small businesses and agencies looking to grow, engage and monetize their audiences across social channels. Wildfire is the industry’s de facto innovator for achieving results: our platform has powered more than 200,000 social promotions, and helped thousands of brands manage content and streamline their communications across the social web. No company knows better how to get Likes, fans, and followers, and drive sales. We work with 27 of the World’s Top 50 brands, and count among our clients companies like Pepsi, Virgin Atlantic, Nestle, and Microsoft.
If you are the type of person who has a passion for great software, and if you find yourself feeling for stress points and breaking things on purpose just to see how easy that was, we want you on our team. We are a collaborative, tight knit organization consisting of engineers with high levels of technical depth, programming skill, and a true passion for development.
As a Senior QA Engineer, you will spend a lot of time creating test strategies and executing tests across a variety of products. You will be expected to be the ultimate battering ram - if your tests don't break the code, nothing will. If you are strong-willed, quick-witted, have patience and attention to detail, and want to join a smart, rapidly growing start-up with a ton of talent, we're looking for you.
- Work closely with Developers and Product Owners as a member of a Scrum team
- Perform testing activities across multiple products
- Participate in planning meetings and daily Scrums
- Report issues, troubleshoot problems, monitor resolutions
- Write test documentation as needed
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum 5 years QA experience including at least 3 years experience testing web applications, Ruby on Rails environment preferred
- Solid knowledge of QA practices, especially as related to Scrum
- Significant experience performing blackbox testing activities in a Scrum environment
- Experience with cross-browser testing and knowledge of common issues in different browsers
- Solid understanding of database and web architecture
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize objectives
- Knowledge and experience with social media applications such as Facebook and Twitter
- Genuine enjoyment of software testing and problem solving
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Cucumber, Watir etc. a big plus