Product Manager, Discovery at Foursquare in New York, NY
foursquare helps you and your friends make the most of where you are. We're a small but highly ambitious company with millions of users worldwide relying on foursquare to keep up with friends, discover what's nearby, save money and unlock deals. We’re also helping over a million registered merchants ranging from local businesses to global brands connect with their customers.
To thrive as a member of team foursquare, you must embrace our exciting work-hard, play-hard environment. We're a close-knit team and, especially at the end of a long day over beers, we feel like we're inventing the future together.
About our Discovery Product Manager position:
You’re constantly coming up with great new feature ideas and thinking critically about which of them will make the biggest impact. You love working in teams, side-by-side with amazing engineers and designers. You are an excellent at managing several projects at once; you work great under pressure.
Mobile phones will profoundly change how people interact with the world around them – and you can’t wait to build products that make that happen. That's awesome, because we're looking for someone just like you.
Why Discovery is important to us:
As a Product Manager on the Discovery team, you’ll lead features that help users discover the world around them. Think about the best recommendations you’ve ever received, the most spot-on tips you’ve ever heard, the most memorable experiences you’ve ever had. We’ve got the content and data chops to deliver these top notch, thoughtful, recommendations to all our users wherever they venture. Help us make Foursquare the only app you need to go out and explore the world!
This position will be based at our New York City headquarters in SoHo. We offer competitive compensation packages including equity options and full benefits for everyone.
- Understand and analyze user needs through user studies, market research, and data analysis
- Help define product vision and strategy, and build consensus among multiple teams like engineering, design, marketing, and business development
- Launch fast and iterate often with a team of the world-class engineers and designers
- Create and analyze metrics for products that you constantly use to evaluate success and come up with new product improvements
- 1-3 years experience in Product Management and / or Product Design developing Internet technologies
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Interaction Design, or a related field (technical experience is required; while you won’t be writing code you should understand the technical implications of the product decisions you make)
- Experience designing simple and intuitive web/mobile user interfaces; ability to create examples through wire frames and mock ups
- Demonstrated experience planning and executing large-scale projects
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills (verbal & written).
- Passion for foursquare and location-based services
- Bonus points for in experience developing mobile, social, local and/or gaming technologies
To apply, send us your resume and a quick note about why you’re passionate about building discovery at foursquare.