Are you a foodie who loves tech? A techie who loves food? Or just have an appetite to do great things? If so, Yummly wants you!
Yummly was launched in 2010 by foodies on a mission to invent the digital kitchen platform. Whether it’s finding a recipe or going to the store, Yummly wants to make it easier for foodies to do what they love – cook, eat, and share!
Yummly’s mission is to be the world’s largest, most powerful, and most helpful food site. Today, with 10 million monthly unique visitors, Yummly is succeeding in its mission, and has become the fastest growing food site in the world.
Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, our growing team is as diverse as our taste in food. But our different backgrounds and personalities are the secret ingredient that make Yummly what it is – a small, close-knit group of foodies and techies that build and run Yummly.
We mix together a collaborative team environment, strong emphasis on building fantastic products, bleeding edge technology and solving the biggest problems to create a menu for success.
Yummly has an opportunity for a Research Engineer who is passionate about data. You will use techniques from machine learning, data mining, natural language processing, information retrieval, recommender systems, and computer vision to help us build systems that:
- Induce structured semantic representations of recipes from web pages, text, etc., including information that was not explicitly stated
- Enable semantic search over these recipe representations
- Recommend relevant recipes to a user based on their tastes and context
- You will also help us build systems to analyze and visualize data in order to improve our products, and obtain insights into the way people cook.
- You will join a small team that works quickly. You are very enthusiastic and energetic, and are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- B.S./M.S./Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field
- Extensive experience with machine learning, statistics, or data mining/analytics
- Extensive experience with at least one of the following preferred: natural language processing, recommender systems, information extraction, information retrieval, computer vision, information visualization, or related field
- Ability to quickly think through problems, test hypotheses, and prototype solutions
- Expertise in a high-level programming language (Java, Python, Clojure, …)
- Ability to write production quality code
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with AWS, MapReduce/Hadoop, Solr preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Interested in cooking/food
- We offer competitive salaries, stock, 401k, medical, and dental.