Yummly is a Silicon Valley based startup focused on building the digital kitchen platform and mapping the food genome...making life better/easier/more fun for everyone who cooks. We have an incredible mix of technologists, data experts, food lovers, etc.
Here's why you should join Yummly’s food/tech revolution:
- Yummly has a great base to work from - we are already the fastest growing food site in the world with over 15M monthly unique visitors, the #1 recipe app on iOS, with 1M+ downloads, and 2M+ Facebook subscribers. We will be huge.
- Yummly has built something that people already use and love, and is on the path to building something great.
- Yummly is unlocking the power of food, big data & technology and is solving previously impossible problems.
- Yummly is funded by a team of tier-one investors who are passionate about the opportunity.
- Yummly is still a small early stage company. In other words, we are looking for people who want to have huge impact at an early, fast-growing startup.
- We are a technology company in the food space with a great team and a sophisticated and successful product.
- Join us and you will build, from scratch, the #1 Android food app in the world!
Yummly has an opportunity for a Android Engineer with leadership talent and product inclinations to join our awesome mobile team. We will make Yummly the most useful, fun, and delightful mobile food experience in the world. You are essentially an experienced Android developer who can serve as the architect and engineering leader for our Android team.
- Lead development of Yummly applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers and Designers to design and test beautiful experiences that are innovative and useful
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative user insights research with Product using prototyping, A/B testing, app analytics, and user testing
- Own the development, quality, and release processes to ship Yummly apps on Android
- Actively contribute feature ideas and help define the release roadmap
- Lead/mentor a team of Android and QA engineers working with you to deliver software
- You have shipped Android apps to Google Play
- A deep hands on knowledge of the Android platform, trends, and technologies
- Full stack experience with particular expertise in the Android user interface: Push the envelope of what is standard and try new UI ideas
- Excellent cross-functional communication skills
- 3+ years developing Android applications
- 2+ years leading mobile teams
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Working knowledge of iOS development and platform
- You want to build something you love. You think big and do big
- You have non-trivial code on Github or similar
- Experience working with and managing remote teams
- You desire to work with creative people
- You are a collaborative team player and leader
- You have good sense of humor
- You love food
- You will have autonomy and freedom. You will be the driver (not the passenger) of your own destiny and your goals for our startup. You will be passionate about what we’re building. You will choose when and how you will get your work done.
- Yummly is a great place to work. We are a small, fun-loving team of friends all passionate about food.
- We offer competitive salaries, stock, 401k, medical, and dental.