The Software Engineer’s duties involve the following:
- Help maintain deadlines by delivering software on spec and on budget within the context of release cycles
- Work closely with Designers, Product Owners and Testers through the development process
- Recognize opportunities to model/prototype solutions and give appropriate direction
- Software debugging and quality control management in GitHub/Trello
- Write computer code in various languages, most notably Objective-C
- Quickly identify and fix bugs
- Maintain historical records by documenting program development and revisions
- Confirm program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes
- Work under tight deadlines
- Research engineering tasks for existing solutions
- BS/BA or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field
- Able to work with third party APIs
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Passionate about learning new skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple team members
- Knowledge of Scrum and Agile
- You have a passion for great user experiences
- Experience with responsive Web design an asset
Overview of position
Type of position:
Full-time (salary with benefits).
Wundr is a group of technology leaders, designers, and engineers dedicated to reinventing the world of publishing. We're playing a key role in helping transform books into engaging, interactive digital experiences through our digital publishing platform that we built from the ground up. Now it's easy for anyone to Create + Publish eBooks and ePeriodicals to devices like the iPad, Kindle, and others.
Overall, we believe in authors, self-publishers, large publishers, and the distribution channels that sell their content, from Amazon, Kobo and Barnes & Noble, to Apple and others. We believe that a healthy information age is a function of a healthy publishing industry.