The Software Engineer’s duties involve the following:
- Help maintain deadlines by delivering software on spec and on budget within the context of release cycles
- Work closely with Designers, Product Owners and Testers through the development process
- Recognize opportunities to model/prototype solutions and give appropriate direction
- Quickly identify and fix bugs
- Write computer code in various languages, most notably Java
- Maintain historical records by documenting program development and revisions
- Work under tight deadlines
- Research engineering tasks for existing solutions
- Develop unit tests and recognize opportunities for automation
- BS/BA or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field
- Able to work with third party APIs
- Experience developing for Amazon EC2
- Ability to translate business requirements into computer code
- Passionate about learning new skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple team members
- Knowledge of Scrum and Agile
- You have a passion for great user experiences
- Experience with responsive Web design an asset
Overview of position
Ready to join an exciting team of people passionate about technology and publishing? The Software Engineer (Java) is an integral part of Wundr’s development team. You’ll play a key role in developing Wundr’s backend infrastructure focusing on Java and REST. Experience developing for the Web and Amazon EC2 will be an asset. Overall, Wundr is a place for you to disappear into your own world and challenge yourself. Like a dream, anything seems possible.
Type of position
Full-time (salary with benefits).
Wundr is a group of technology leaders, designers, and engineers dedicated to reinventing the world of publishing. We're playing a key role in helping transform books into engaging, interactive digital experiences through our digital publishing platform that we built from the ground up. Now it's easy for anyone to Create + Publish eBooks and ePeriodicals to devices like the iPad, Kindle, and others.
Overall, we believe in authors, self-publishers, large publishers, and the distribution channels that sell their content, from Amazon, Kobo and Barnes & Noble, to Apple and others. We believe that a healthy information age is a function of a healthy publishing industry.