Wikia is a collaborative publishing platform that enables communities to discover, create, and share content on any topic in any language. Community-created wikis cover everything from the latest games, anime, music and TV shows to eco-friendly living and the world's best chocolate chip recipes. With 275,000 enthusiast communities attracting more than 100 million global unique visitors each month, Wikia is the largest user-generated media company and is a Top 30 site, according to Quantcast. Wikia was founded in 2004 by Jimmy Wales and Angela Beesley, and is headquartered in a brightly colored SOMA office in San Francisco, CA and branches in Poland, UK, Germany.
For our office in Poznań (Poland) we are looking to fill the position:
Junior Project Manager
The Junior Project Manager will become part of the development team, be in charge of process, daily scrums, release and sprint planning, track team progress, identify roadblocks, develop tools to facilitate software development processes.
- Manage software projects for geographically dispersed teams in an Agile environment.
- Cooperate with other Project Managers and Product Managers to ensure optimal project management solutions
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution; improve the productivity of the teams.
- Keep all interested parties up to date on project progress.
- Schedule and facilitate team meetings and international conference calls.
- Coordinate as needed with other team members – Product Managers and Engineers.
- At least 1 year experience of project management or team leadership, Agile environment preferred.
- General technical understanding of software programming, software releases, testing and QA.
- Self-motivated and capable of managing multiple priorities.
- Willing to be challenged and to develop management skills
- Able to communicate with the California team (during their morning business hours)
- Ready to travel to the USA twice a year for three weeks
- Fluent English (written and verbal)
Benefits & Perks
Wikia offers a salary of up to 9 000 zł gross depending on level of experience, plus stock options. You’ll also get to expand your knowledge and skills with at least two fully paid professional conferences as well as two visits to our San Francisco office per year, team lunches, company trips and full pantry complete with delicious coffee, coke and cookies.
Principals only. Agency and recruiter resumes will be considered unsolicited resumes that are not subject to placement fees.