US Storage Centers & Westport Properties own and operates 70+ properties throughout the United States. With 27 years in the storage business we know how to take care of our customers and our team members. Our sales focused management staff provides a fun and competitive environment for true sales and management professionals to show their stuff!
Job Title: Self Storage Sales Manager
Location: Northern Dallas, Plano, and Corinth area including suburbs
Reports to: District Manager
Please read the entire job description below before applying.
The Self-Storage Property Manager is an energetic, outgoing self-starter who has excellent sales, marketing and customer service skills. He/she aggressively contributes to profitability by developing and maintaining mutually beneficial business relationships and being committed to customer satisfaction. This level manager pays close attention to detail and has general accounting, marketing and basic computer skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Responsible for the sales, marketing, occupancy, and delinquency management of the facility.
• Keeping the facility rented at optimum levels by effectively utilizing advertising, promotional and customer relation skills as approved by management
• Provides outstanding customer service including assessing and resolving customer problems and professionally handling telephone and walk-in inquiries
• Shows, rents and cleans self storage units as well as actively selling and maintaining supplies of moving and packing materials
• Maintains all required tenant documentation in a neat and orderly manner as directed by management
• Controls delinquencies through telephone contact and letters on a scheduled basis including sending out monthly invoices
• Cleans space(s) as vacated, hallways, and grounds as needed. Cleans office and restrooms daily. Makes regular assessment of the condition of the property and resolves maintenance and cleaning issues.
• Maintains a neat, clean, safe and secure facility including minor maintenance and daily lock checks as well as visual inspection daily
• General management of the office including but not limited to opening and closing the office on time each day, keeping and balancing petty cash, making daily bank deposits and preparing daily, weekly and monthly reports as required by management
• Assist in preparing units for auction, vacate as prescribed by law, and approved by management
• Effectively communicates with management and fellow associates
Basic computer operation required. Candidate must understand and be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook. Preferably experience using a self-storage software application but not required. Understanding of an automated gate system preferred but not required.
EXPERIENCE - QUALIFICATIONS:
• Customer service, retail sales, marketing, general office and telephone skills are all requirements for this position. This is not an entry level position; candidates must have experience in the categories listed above.
• Prior self-storage experience preferred but not required.
• Good organizational skills and basic accounting practices. Successful record of accomplishment of sales and marketing skills in the self-storage or retail industry. General office functions and experiences required. Ability to pay close attention to detail.
HS Diploma and some college preferred
Seating for approx. 6 hours, light to heavy lifting
Full Coverage Healthcare, Dental, & Vision Care
Paid Time Off
Life Insurance Coverage
Competitive Hourly Wage with Generous Bonus Potential
Some positions include a complementary 1 or 2 bedroom/ 1 or 2 bathroom apartment and all major utilities as a part of the benefits package.
We offer a professional work environment that rarely requires you to work nights. Typical hours are 9AM - 6PM. Weekends and some holidays are required. Our company looks for overachievers who are interested in showing what they can accomplish with the intention of advancing to take on more management responsibility as their skills grow.
NOTE: Candidates who have experience working in any of the following arenas are especially encouraged to apply: hotel & hospitality, car rental, travel & service industry, collections agency, retail sales, direct sales, business to business sales, b2b sales, b2c sales, business to consumer sales, retail management, or hotel management. Many former employees of the following companies have been very successful working at our company: Rent-a-Center, Aarons Furniture Rental, Shurgard Self Storage and many other companies.
APPLY ONLINE TODAY, Click Apply Here to Submit Your Resume!