Web Application Engineer - PHP
New York, NY | Software Engineering
Vimeo is built on the sleekest videos, smoothest users, and PHP. We’ve got two openings for PHP genies, backend-focused and full-stack adept, who can help build this awesome video site. Boss.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Build features that’ll affect 90+ million users a month
- Write fast, custom solutions to backend problems
- Work with Ops to build strong solutions that scale
- Surf each level of the web stack
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE YOU SHOULD POSSESS: (be sure to fit 3 or more of these bullets)
- CS Degree and/or 5 years' experience
- Expert in PHP with strong experience in one or more other scripting languages (Python, Perl, Ruby, Node.js) or several frameworks (Symfony, Zend, CodeIgniter)
- Expert MySQL experience, including ORMs
- Strong experience with caching solutions (Memcached, Redis, NoSQL)
- Strong experience with git or other distributed version control
- Experience with Solr, Message Queues, Amazon Web Services
- C, Go, three.js all bonuses
A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Vimeo is the high-quality video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun and easy way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. Today, Vimeo reaches a monthly audience of over 90 million creators and viewers — and we’re growing bigger every day. Vimeo is made with love by a highly ambitious, ridiculously innovative, and certifiably hilarious team based in New York City, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
To find out more about working at Vimeo visit us at www.vimeo.com/jobs.