New York, NY | Human Resources
Vimeo is looking for a seasoned recruiter to join our fun, energetic and awesome to be around team. We’re growing fast and we need someone to help us find the right people for the job and for Vimeo. We’re specifically seeking someone who loves the hunt, knows how to find the best and brightest talent and who knows how to build long-lasting relationships. This role will support several technical departments within Vimeo and will handle mid to senior level technical and product focused roles. Our stack is PHP, node.JS, C++, MySQL, Hadoop, pig, ETL, HTML, Unix and more - you should have experience recruiting for these programming languages.
A few important things about our hire:
- You get excited about sourcing passive candidates – finding that needle in a hay stack talent– by following what is happening in the digital media and entertainment space
- You are happy working on a variety of roles from hunting backend / sys admin / data engineers to PHP, Java, HTML and everything in between, you’re up for the challenge!
- You are comfortable talking with all levels from interviewing entry level candidates to more senior level roles, you can adjust accordingly.
- You have a solid track record of building strong relationships with hiring managers and making successful placements and a network that is active and up to date.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and know how to reach talent in other ways than sending one, or fifty, inMails.
- You are a self-starter and have entrepreneurial spirit. You are quick to jump in and move on open requisitions with a sense of urgency.
- You know what the difference between quality and quantity.
- Bonus points if you have experience recruiting in the video space
Day to Day:
- Manage the recruitment process for Vimeo from the sourcing and interviewing to offer negotiations and on-boarding of new hires.
- Provide front-line support to department managers in development of accurate job descriptions, qualifications, required skills and salary ranges.
- Manage job postings on internal and external web sites to cover our bases but utilize innovative sourcing techniques and strategies to find, connect with and recruit top tier talent.
- Complete background and reference checks on all candidates prior to hire and manage the offer process and then liaise with the HR team on a smooth on-boarding for each and every employee you bring through the door.
- Maintain and update search status reports on a weekly basis
- Work with a great team that gets things done while having a blast
Skills & Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree necessary; possess 3 + years of technical recruiting experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Must exhibit flexibility under pressure and demonstrated ability to produce results.
- Ability to prioritize and perform a variety of tasks on short notice in a deadline driven environment
- Demonstrated experience working with clients at all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated experience understanding the business needs of multiple clients and doing full life-cycle recruiting.
- Must possess strong organizational skills, be a strategic thinker and a self-starter.
- Intellectual and emotional maturity a must.
- Excellent relationship building and the desire to provide exceptional customer service.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience with Jobscore is helpful.
- Familiarity and passion for Vimeo and what we stand for is a must!
Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun and easy way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission today by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. Vimeo is a leading video-sharing site committed to delivering a high-quality, inspiring video experience to 100+ million people each month — and we're growing bigger every day. Vimeo is made with love by a highly ambitious, ridiculously innovative, and certifiably hilarious team based in New York City. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC. Learn more at www.vimeo.com