Sr. Interactive Project Manager
New York, NY | Project Management
In this exciting new role, you will be responsible for managing all advertising related projects and initiatives. Reporting to the Director of Project Management, you’ll work with internal and external partners on the production of advertising campaigns. You’ll create the spec, determine timeline based on resource availability and ensure that the project is moving forward as scheduled.
Vimeo is the high quality video platform for creative people around the world. The Vimeo team is committed to delivering an inspiring video experience to over 85 million monthly creators and viewers—and we’re growing bigger every day.
Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun and easy way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission today by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. Vimeo is made with love by a highly ambitious, ridiculously innovative, and certifiably hilarious team based in New York City, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
- Partner with the ad sales team to manage the planning, coordination, and implementation of high-profile digital sponsorship programs to ensure timely and thorough project management.
- Serve as point person for ad sales team when new business comes in and determine timeline around deliverables based on current product roadmap and available resources such as design and engineering
- Develop product specs, manage the project plan and work with project teams to execute on plans related to advertsing
- Manage schedules, project scope, assets, and overall project organization to ensure requirements and project delivery dates are clearly communicated, understood and executed upon both internally and externally
- Effectively and efficiently plan and prioritize all resources working across ad related project(s) based on scope of work and actively monitor project risks and scope creep to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address them in advance.
- Communicate and document project status and strategic recommendations to team members, client partners and senior management on a regular basis; escalate issues accordingly via the appropriate channels.
- Conduct project post mortems and proactively identify opportunities for improvement to all process and tools used in the execution of project activities.
- Work with internal designers, sales, production and software developers as well as key clients and their advertising agencies to execute on a myriad of custom digital sponsorship programs
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 7 years of project management experience in an interactive environment – direct ad product or advertising project management experience required
- Experience developing product specs and ability to identify and prioritize product and project requirements
- Must be extremely organized, able to build and adhere to timelines and experienced in working directly with clients in a polished and professional manor
- Ability to create, manage, and deliver against large, interdependent project plans.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to understand and document project requirements and dependencies.
- Understanding of business and functional requirements.
- Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion is critical.
- Competencies in Basecamp, issue tracking software tools and other related project management and communications tools are required.
- You are an obsessive list maker and task master who gets great pleasure from keeping others organized, communicating with both technical and business types, and ensuring your projects are delivered on time
- You are a mix of project manager and product manager, you can write specs, understand technical requirements and are able to guide a product based project from conception to launch
- You enjoy, and have experience, interacting with clients
Working at Vimeo You Will:
- Be surrounded by awesome co-workers
- Laugh everyday
- See the impact of the work you do
- Be encouraged to watch videos at work
To find our more about working at Vimeo visit us here
New York, New York