New York, NY | Marketing
Vimeo is growing like a magical beanstalk and the word department needs some help. If you find yourself chuckling at other people’s malapropisms, sneaking off to the bathroom to read Ulysses Annotated, and/or writing punchy headlines to describe mundane moments in your life (“Elevator Conversation Expertly Avoided”), we would like to hear from you. Actually, there is no audio component to the job application, so “hear from you” is a bit inaccurate. But you already knew that.
Vimeo is the high quality video platform for creative people around the world. The Vimeo team is committed to delivering an inspiring video experience to over 85 million monthly creators and viewers—and we’re growing bigger every day.
Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun and easy way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission today by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. Vimeo is made with love by a highly ambitious, ridiculously innovative, and certifiably hilarious team based in New York City, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
ANYWAY, HERE IS WHAT THE MARKETING COPYWRITER (POSSIBLY YOU) WILL DO:
- Play a lead role in concepting and creating all manner of marketing deliverables for Vimeo, from banner ads to print ads to email campaigns to temporary tattoos. And the occasional permanent tattoo.
- Help develop promotional messaging strategies for individual projects, plus think big and conceive campaign-level ideas to help us solve business challenges (preferably without using embarrassing jargon like “business challenges”).
- Help oversee and obsess about the consistency and quality of our brand voice and ensure we always sound like us.
- Proactively review our marketing materials and continuously search for ways to improve them.
- Partner with cool people on different teams from all around the company: design, marketing, production, ad sales, business development, and sometimes even straight-up development.
- Make everyone laugh and bring chill positive vibes to our office.
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS JOB:
- A total badass mastery of the English language.
- The desire to quickly adapt and sometimes fly by the seat of your jean shorts in order to help us grow a brand that is rapidly evolving.
- The verbal skills of the most articulate Wu-Tang member and the ability to communicate your ideas clearly and concisely. And with mad style, son!
- Stellar copyediting, proofreading, and copy-enhancing chops, the last being the ability to take anything from raw material to nearly finished text and turn it into a great idea and/or a polished piece.
- The intestinal fortitude to say “no” to things you don’t believe in, or things that don’t meet our brand/voice guidelines.
- An uncontrollable desire to make sentences shorter and funnier.
- A willingness to participate in brainstorming sessions, design reviews, meetings with ad partners, and lunches on the High Line.
- Plenty of marketing smarts, but also a healthy skepticism of marketing.
- The knowhow to put together a copy deck that designers and other humans can understand.
- A portfolio of marketing copy, ad copy, brand copy, UX/instructional copy, and maybe even some editorial flimflammery.
- The ability to explain the difference between i.e. and e.g. (yes, there will be a quiz).
TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND US THESE THINGS:
- Your nasty (in a good way) resume
- A non-generic cover letter
- A link to your portfolio or blog or whatever digital repository you use to stockpile accomplishments
- A short list of cherished malapropisms
To find out more about working at Vimeo visit us here
New York, New York