You are a total geek for short form content. You watch online videos insatiably and you hang out at film festivals and screenings for fun. You have some background in curating content, even if just for your own social network. You love to discover a video before anyone else and you know where to find the good ones. You know DANIELS from HARRYS and the NFB from the NFTS. When you hear the word ‘Canada’ you think of Ice Cream, not maple syrup.
You get excited by the idea of helping to promote and support the next generation of directorial talent. You live for detail and checklists and you get things done. You can’t believe this is a real job posting for a role that will see you spend most of every workday watching videos on the internet and getting paid to do so but, really, it is.
What You’ll Do:
· Research and initial curation for Vimeo Staff Channels.
· Managing clearances/permissions for our curation for external partners and events.
· Researching festival news – shortlists, winners, etc.
· Researching colleges/film schools – graduation news/dates, etc.
· Researching data and info for media relationships
· Managing our internal Staff Picks Database.
· Prepare reels for screenings/partners
· Some writing for editorial and social media.
Skills and Knowledge You Should Possess:
· Two square eyes (at least)
· Proven passion for short form film and video.
· Strong written language skills
· Creative/Production/Film industry connections are a massive plus.
A Little About Us:
Vimeo is the high quality video platform for creative people around the world. The Vimeo team is committed to delivering an inspiring video experience to over 90 million monthly creators and viewers—and we’re growing bigger every day. Vimeo is made with love by a highly ambitious, ridiculously innovative, and certifiably hilarious team based in New York City, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
To find out more about working at vimeo visit us here