Managing Editor - Programming
New York, NY | Editorial/Content
Creative, strategic, inspiring, practical, and irreverent — these are just a few of the characteristics you should possess as our Managing Editor - Programming. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the already awesome teams that curate site content and produce Vimeo’s original videos. You’ll also be in charge of developing a strategy to build our audience, help our community discover the best of what Vimeo has to offer, and establish metrics to quantify the impact of these initiatives on our business.
What You’ll Do:
- Help establish the editorial direction and tone for Vimeo to engage our audience of creators and viewers, and distinguish Vimeo from other video sharing platforms as we grow.
- Develop a curation strategy that combines human editorial choices and technology in order to help users discover Vimeo’s quality content and community.
- Oversee creative development and production of all original Vimeo videos, including product release videos, Vimeo Video School educational videos, and staff updates.
- Develop scalable team structure and operations: create and manage an editorial calendar; develop tools and best practices for content creation, programming, and measurement; establish workflows to ensure smooth and amazingly fruitful editorial collaboration with product, marketing, and ad sales teams.
Skills and Knowledge You Should Possess:
- At least 10 years of experience with online programming, production, and audience development
- Experience building and managing best in class editorial teams for a large or rapidly growing property
- Proven experience developing metrics that determine what’s working / what’s not (KPIs, LOLz)
- Experience managing and growing creative people and a strong ability to communicate how editorial initiatives impact the business
- Undying passion for Vimeo and our community
- A background in film and production would be extraordinary
- Huge brains, astounding mental flexibility, and rapier wit
- Bachelor’s degree required (and not just from The School of Hard Knocks)
A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Vimeo is the high-quality video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun and easy way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. Today, Vimeo reaches a monthly audience of over 90 million creators and viewers — and we’re growing bigger every day. Vimeo is made with love by a highly ambitious, ridiculously innovative, and certifiably hilarious team based in New York City, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
To find our more about working at Vimeo visit us here
New York, New York