New York, NY | Software Engineering
We’ve got an opening for an ETL Engineer on our data infrastructure team. Love big data analytics, online video and the web? Chase the rainbow and join Vimeo!
- Help manage large, rapidly-growing data infrastructure
- Support and implement ETL process between Hadoop, Hive and Data warehouse
- Code using Java/Python/Unix shell script and SQL scripting languages
- Work and communicate across internal teams
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- Minimum 2 years of ETL support and development experience
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in SQL programming
- Minimum 2 years of programming experience in either Java or Python or C++
- Minimum 1 year of experience in UNIX scripting
- Exposure to BI Reporting tools like Pentaho or Business Objects or Microstrategy
- Exposure with large-scale Hadoop clusters, specifically Hive and HBase, a plus
A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Vimeo is the high-quality video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun and easy way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. Today, Vimeo reaches a monthly audience of over 100 million creators and viewers — and we’re growing bigger every day. Vimeo is made with love by a highly ambitious, ridiculously innovative, and certifiably hilarious team based in New York City, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
To find out more about working at Vimeo, visit us here.