Entry-Level Web Application Engineer
New York, NY | Software Engineering
We're on the lookout for entry-level front and/or backend engineers. Web experience? Dig big data? Love video? Come work for us!
What You'll Do:
- Work closely, often in teams of two, with junior and senior engineers on Vimeo’s team
- Work on scalability, longevity and ways to ensure Vimeo continues to build the best video product on the web
Skills & Knowledge You Should Possess:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science
- Passion for programming and learning new technologies
- Demonstrated open-source contribution
Experience with these technologies a plus:
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3)
- Video transcoding software (FFmpeg, H.264)
- Feel free to attach sample code or a link to your GitHub/SourceForge/Launchpad accounts
- Tell us about your projects outside of school. What you’d really rather be doing than sitting through another lecture on CS theory.
A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Vimeo is the high-quality video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun and easy way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. Today, Vimeo reaches a monthly audience of over 90 million creators and viewers — and we’re growing bigger every day. Vimeo is made with love by a highly ambitious, ridiculously innovative, and certifiably hilarious team based in New York City, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.