Digital Project Manager
New York, NY | Project Management
In this exciting new role, you will have to opportunity to own and lead select projects, while keeping others moving forward. Reporting to the Director of Project Management, you’ll work across the Company to ensure that projects are within scope and tracking to be delivered on time. In short, you will be one of the key “go-to” people at Vimeo and will play an integral part in helping us build our business.
- You are an obsessive list maker and task master who gets great pleasure from keeping others organized, communicating with both technical and business types, and ensuring your projects are delivered on time
- You are a mix of project manager and product manager, you can write specs, understand technical requirements and are able to guide a product based project from conception to launch
What You'll Do:
- Develop product specs, manage the project plan and work with project teams to execute on plans
- Manage schedules, project scope, assets, and overall project organization to ensure requirements and project delivery dates are clearly communicated, understood and executed upon
- Effectively and efficiently plan and prioritize all resources working across project(s) based on scope of work and project goals.
- Actively monitor project risks and scope creep to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address them in advance
- Consistently identify needs that others may not recognize and ensure approaches and solutions are linked to objectives and future needs
- Communicate and document project status and strategic recommendations to team members and senior management on a regular basis; escalate issues accordingly via the appropriate channels
- Conduct project post mortems and proactively identify opportunities for improvement to all process and tools used in the execution of project activities
- Clarify and communicate project objectives and success criteria to stakeholders and the team members while providing motivation, direction, and overall management to teams of up to 2-8 people including designers, engineers, creative, analytics etc.
- Assist Director and Senior Managers on large scale projects
- Collate and review data associated with recent releases
Skills & Knowledge You Should Possess:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2 – 4 years of project management experience in an interactive environment, experience in product management a plus
- Experience working in cross functional teams and leading by influence
- Experience developing product specs and ability to identify and prioritize product and project requirements
- Ability to create, manage, and deliver against large, interdependent project plans
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to understand and document project requirements and dependencies
- Understanding of business and functional requirements
- Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion is critical
- Competencies in Basecamp, Google Analytics, issue tracking software tools and other related project management and communications tools are required
A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Vimeo is the high-quality video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun and easy way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. Today, Vimeo reaches a monthly audience of over 90 million creators and viewers — and we’re growing bigger every day. Vimeo is made with love by a highly ambitious, ridiculously innovative, and certifiably hilarious team based in New York City, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
New York, New York