New York, NY | Information Technology and Network Services
Be a part of Vimeo's covert DevOps team, protecting Vimeans the world over from... OK, it may not be a Covert Operations team, but the stuff they do, mad cool. Our traffic is growing across upload, transcoding, web and application layers. We need people who love to monitor, maintain and build new stuff. We’re proud of what we make, and we love spending time improving user experience. We do this by instrumenting everything we can, eliminating errors, reducing latency, lowering memory requirements, and making sure our new features scale really well.
Vimeo is the high quality video platform for creative people around the world. The Vimeo team is committed to delivering an inspiring video experience to over 85 million monthly creators and viewers—and we’re growing bigger every day.
Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun and easy way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission today by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. Vimeo is made with love by a highly ambitious, ridiculously innovative, and certifiably hilarious team based in New York City, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
- Monitor, fix problems and improve services running on our 80+ physical and 1000+ virtual servers (split between data centers and EC2)
- Instrument different services throughout our infrastructure and share the graphs with everyone
- Ensure Vimeo stays up and hella fast
- Be part of an on-call rotation
- Work as part of a team and independently to address and prioritize technical issues
- 3+ years of Linux / UNIX systems engineer / administrator experience
- Experience with high-volume / high-trafficked websites
- Killer data analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Strong scripting and automation skills
- Knowledge of networking protocols, networking in the data center and on EC2
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in PHP and/or Python
- In-depth experience with one or more of the technologies we use:
- Amazon Web Service
- Vimeo users and Github users a huge +
New York, New York