Community Associate (Night Shift)
New York, NY | Customer Support/Customer Care
Vimeo has an amazing team of people that provides prompt and friendly Email Support to Vimeo members during East Coast business hours. Now we're in search of a talented NYC night owl to attend to members around the world, from Australia to Zanzibar, who need assistance after our sun sets.
If you're nocturnal by nature — willing to work between the hours of 2AM and 10AM EST, M-F — and an exceptional written communicator, we would love to talk to you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Respond to user support inquiries via email, hitting guaranteed response time targets
- Attend to daily site maintenance and content moderation duties
- Gather information on bugs and other issues reported by users
- Directly engage community members to keep them happy and encourage their creativity
- Help test new features and let us know how we can make Vimeo better
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- Amazing English communication skills — the ability to convey empathy, happiness, humor, contrition, urgency, and other things using just the 26 letters of the alphabet, and some punctuation.
- Intimate familiarity with the Vimeo platform + community. If you're already a Vimeo user, BONUS POINTS 4 U.
- Exceptional web- and tech-savviness. Like you can name three web browsers off the top of your head and you've helped your parents understand how their computer works. Without getting too frustrated.
- Patience and a willingness to teach people
- Undying passion for film + video
- Experience in customer service, social media, and/or online community support
- Extreme dependability. Don't ever text us in the morning and say, "Sry, fell asleep."
- Night owl disposition and excited by the idea of making people happy
Pay & Benefits :
This is a full-time, work-from-home position with benefits. Content + Community Associates are paid hourly, with overtime for any hours beyond 40 per week. Pay varies based on experience.
To apply, please include these things:
Send us your dope resume, a non-generic cover letter, and, if you really wanna impress us, a link to your Vimeo profile. In your cover letter, tell us why you're pumped about Vimeo, why you're interested in pursuing a nocturnal gig, and what hours you're available to work.
A Little About Us:
Vimeo is the high-quality video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun and easy way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. Today, Vimeo reaches a monthly audience of over 100 million creators and viewers — and we’re growing bigger every day. Vimeo is made with love by a highly ambitious, ridiculously innovative, and certifiably hilarious team based in New York City, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
To find out more about working at Vimeo, visit us here.