New York, NY | PR/Communications
Vimeo is looking for a talented Communications Director to join our leadership team. As head of the department, you will be responsible for developing a strategic approach to communications that manages inbound inquiries, product launches, speaking engagements and other initiatives to amplify Vimeo's Unique product and brand values across consumer, trade and social media outlets. You should be passionate about the evolving online video landscape and the opportunity to play a leadership role building an emerging brand to global awareness. The position reports to the CEO.
- Responsible for crafting the long-term storyline of Vimeo with consumers and partners by connecting all public communications to Vimeo’s position as the quality video platform for creators and their audiences.
- Develop Vimeo’s overarching activation strategy including timing/calendaring of key messages and identification of appropriate channels.
- Develop materials including messaging documents, timelines, press releases, outlet briefing sheets and wrap-up reports for campaigns.
- Generate relevant press coverage for Vimeo product releases by engaging journalists and thought leaders across digital, print, TV, radio and other media.
- Act as point person for Vimeo speaking engagements to identify relevant events and topics, secure speaking opportunities for Vimeo executives, develop speakers’ materials and promote engagements via relevant channels.
- Manage day-to-day relationship with external PR agencies/consultants to coordinate cooperation and performance from agency partners.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- 5-10 years relevant experience in digital media, entertainment industry PR, or tech industry.
- A deep love of video and technology – heavy Vimeo users a big plus!
- Proven ability to create wide-ranging PR campaigns across industries that are relevant to Vimeo: consumer, tech, entertainment, advertising and business.
- Strong media contacts across consumer, tech, business, advertising and entertainment media outlets.
- Highly articulate, crystal clear verbal and written communication skills, with a passion for delivering complex messages in simple, understandable ways.
- Insane attention to detail; typos should give you heart palpitations.
- Self-starter able to prioritize and manage multiple projects on different timelines.
A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Vimeo is the high-quality video platform for creative people around the world. Vimeo was founded in 2004 by filmmakers who wanted a fun and easy way to share their work and moments from their lives. We remain true to that mission by continually striving to help people with a wide range of passions share the things they create and care about. Today, Vimeo reaches a monthly audience of over 90 million creators and viewers — and we’re growing bigger every day. Vimeo is made with love by a highly ambitious, ridiculously innovative, and certifiably hilarious team based in New York City, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
To find out more about working at vimeo visit us here