Job Opening: Internal Email Marketing Manager
Video Blocks is a profitable, venture backed technology company, recently recognized by Inc. Magazine as being the fourth fastest growing media company in the United States.
Video Blocks offers a subscription-based service that provides members with unlimited downloads of stock video, motion backgrounds, production music, sound effects, special effects, after effects templates and more. We serve over 100,000 customers, ranging from professional production studios to colleges and churches, from NBC to video editing enthusiasts.
To support our rapid growth, we looking for a savvy marketer to manage both trigger and batch email communications with our internal email marketing database as well as current subscribers.
Our Internal Email Marketing Manager will take responsibility for developing, executing and optimizing email campaigns already in place and build and manage a test plan to identify opportunities to take our current program to the next level.
Success in this role requires a passion for email marketing and insight and experience as to best practices around effective messaging, send frequency, creative layout, deliverability, list segmentation, reporting, analysis and testing strategies.
· Leverage the internal email program to deliver tens of thousands of new customers per month
· Plan, test and execute 30+ monthly internal batch email campaigns
· Manage our current trigger email sequence over 15 customer touch points, seek to double current response rates using lifecycle and behavioral analysis of customer behavior
· Execute at least 50 new email creative design and messaging tests per quarter in an effort to unseat our current creative champions
· Merge data from our internal tracking tools and ESP to provide routinized daily analysis on campaign performance and test results
· Prepare monthly forecasts for new customer generation which you’ll seek to outperform
· Identify and source third party data sets which can provide actionable insight to improve response rates on the more than one million records in our current marketing database
· Increase deliverability rates by 75% from current levels
· Manage and enhance current technology platforms supporting our email program (ranging from Lyris to MailChimp) and test new tools that can drive greater program efficiency
· Track competitive marketplace trends and execute test to estimate the impact of adopting similar strategies internally
· 99.999% error-free / accuracy rating – our customers will appreciate your attention to detail
· Competitive salary and benefits, including comprehensive medical and dental insurance
· Free gym membership
· Flexible work hours with generous vacation and leave policies
· Stipends for attending various training programs and conferences
· A casual, fun and fast paced work environment with unrivaled peers
Desired Applicant Experience:
· 2+ years’ experience directly managing an email marketing program for a company
· Hands-on day-to-day experience on a hosted email service provider
· Strong analytical skills and clear understanding of channel metrics
· Ability to turn analysis into action, execute to timelines, and build sophisticated test plans
· Expertise in designing, measuring, and explaining A/B and multivariate testing
· Elegant copy writer with keen eye for creative design
· Deep understanding of CAN-SPAM compliance standards
· Self-motivated and have a positive attitude and work well with a strong team
· Desire to contribute to the hyper-growth and culture of a successful technology company
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with strong track record of academic performance
· Preference for candidates who are able to build HTML creatives from scratch
Think you have what it takes to join the Video Blocks team? Submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Video Blocks does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.