Verifi is looking for a talented Business Data Analyst to join our company.
In a company with an energetic environment, you will have an opportunity to work amongst individuals considered to be seasoned experts within the payment industry. We are an innovative leader in the payment space for ecommerce merchants. We are growing our team and the projects you work on will play a crucial part in the development and growth of our company and products.
- Are you someone who like to think out of the box to solve a problem?
- Are you interested in assisting with automating and standardizing reporting?
- Are you an Excel guru?
- If so - we can use a rock star like you!
Join Verifi and you join the foremost solution in the ecommerce marketplace for payment and risk management.
You will be responsible for:
- Interacting with external clients and internal teams, managing multiple analysis and reporting projects
- Proactively creating efficient standardized reporting, working with database team as needed
- Analyzing large and complex data sets
- Providing proactive meaningful insights and recommendations based on analysis
- Developing and delivering ad-hoc and project based reporting for internal and external clients
- Clearly communicating analytical results to internal and external clients
- Preparing data files from disparate sources for analysis and reporting
- Ensuring the accuracy of data sources
- Prioritizing overlapping requests, coordinating with internal teams as needed
You bring to the table your:
- Bachelor's degree in math, economics, computer science or similar fields
- Strong knowledge and ability to write SQL and related queries with extensive experience querying complex data
- Experience using a variety of techniques, including data aggregation, statistical analysis and complex data mining
- Experience with at least one statistical programming language, preferably R
- Must have prior experience using MySql, interest in learning hadoop / nosql
- Strong knowledge of Excel and VBA
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Interest in teaching yourself, problem solving, and researching independently - bringing ideas to the table
We are located in Los Angeles and offer:
- Dynamic, stimulating and open environment with opportunity for personal development
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k, Competitive salary, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Paid parking and complimentary food
- Socially conscious and community oriented company
- Performance driven employment filled with activities, events and celebrating success
- Base Salary, plus bonus, and stock options