This database development engineer will design and implement a database structure to support VendScreen's innovative information products.
Reports to: CTO
• Recommend a database structure that will scale to support 100,000,000 devices in the field
• Drive requirements gathering and write specifications for various data products and data integration projects.
• Provide query design and data transformations supporting data science activities.
• Analyze data structures and recommend improvements.
• Review requirements of software projects to determine the relevant data requirements.
• Provide support for enterprise reporting systems
• Deep knowledge of database development, management and architecture best practices
Enterprise Database Systems
• Strong knowledge of database design patterns and models about highly available big data.
• Demonstrated expertise of at least multiple OLTP database, such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, is a must.
• Java development experience preferred
• Data mining experience a plus
• Problem solving skills
• Excellent communication and organization skills
• Proven experience in a team development environment
VendScreen equips vending machines with an Android-based smart device. The device enables cashless transactions, delivers comprehensive nutritional information, offers an advertising platform, and provides real-time inventory management data. Supported with $14.8MM in funding commitments, the company is positioned for rapid growth leveraging today’s most innovative technologies in M2M, mobile computing, cashless payments, software-as-a-service platforms, digital media, and cloud-computing.