Udemy is the global marketplace for online learning and teaching, offering people everywhere the opportunity to advance careers, change professions, develop personal passions, or simply learn something new. Our team is dedicated to helping individuals and companies master the skills they need to compete and thrive in the new global economy.
As part of our commitment to our mission, Udemy’s Social Innovation program helps nonprofits and global NGO’s scale their impact by providing them with tools to teach and learn online.
Founded in 2010, privately-held Udemy has raised a total of $48 million in venture capital and is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
As a UX Designer, your job is to make sure that Udemy is intuitive, accessible and delightful
to millions worldwide. You have a passion to build world-class online education products that
will help millions of people learn and change their lives. You will be working closely with other
team members to lead, collaborate on design issues and provide solutions to interactive and
visual challenges. We work internationally and collaborate both online and in person, so you'll
communicate regularly with the development and product teams to prioritize goals and set
● Understand our platform and our users.
● Create, improve and iterate on designs that scale from mobile platforms (iOS and
Android) to the web.
● Provide concept proposals, wireframes, including following through with developers to
see them implemented.
● Drive product designs from idea to implementation. We are not only thinkers but also
● Drive projects and rapid iterations. We are an education startup, we love to learn and to
improve both ourselves and what we do.
● Have fun with creating flows and wireframes; making improvements through feedback.
Negotiate and articulate the "why" of design decisions.
● Participate in usability testing. Document, communicate and act upon the results.
● Prioritize on must-haves, great-to-haves, and good-to-haves.
● Be obsessive about simple and elegant designs. Be proud of what you deliver.
● Have 3+ years of great experience designing web and mobile products.
● Proficient at developing user flows, information architecture and high fidelity
wireframes; must be able to show a portfolio of past work.
● Proficient at using modern design tools.
● Strong skills in user-centered design process/principles.
● Desire to do usability testing.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills.
● Good knowledge of lean/agile product development, mobile platforms and market
Competitive salary & equity compensation
Full health, dental, vision
Great SOMA location
WORK STRUCTURE & COMPENSATION
Udemy is based in SOMA, San Francisco. Compensation includes full time base and equity and competitive benefits (including healthcare, commuter benefits, an unlimited vacation policy, and company-sponsored volunteer opportunities).
Learn more about Udemy, our mission, culture, philosophies, and team
UDEMY IN THE NEWS