Sr. UX Designer
You can learn anything on Udemy.
Today, over 3,000,000 students in 190+ countries are taking online courses on Programming, Yoga, Design, Photography, Spanish, Marketing, Guitar, Finance, Cake Decorating, and so much more.
More than 16,000 courses (in 10 different languages!) have been published in our marketplace. Each course is designed and taught by an expert instructor and hundreds of new courses are published every month. So whether you want to get promoted, break into a new industry, start a company, or just further a passion, Udemy’s here to help you achieve your goals.
Founded in 2010, Udemy has raised a total of $48 million in venture capital and is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
As the Senior UX Designer, your job is to make sure that Udemy is intuitive, accessible and
delightful to millions worldwide. You have a passion to build world-class online education
products that will help millions of people learn and change their lives. You will be working
closely with other team members to lead, collaborate on design issues and provide solutions to
interactive and visual challenges. We work internationally and collaborate both online and in
person, so you'll communicate regularly with the development and product teams to prioritize
goals and set deadlines.
● Understand our platform and our users.
● Create, improve and iterate on designs that scale from mobile platforms (iOS and
Android) to the web.
● Continue to enhance Udemy’s interaction models across web and mobile while taking
into account platform-specific interaction models.
● Provide concept proposals, wireframes, including following through with developers to
see them implemented.
● Drive product designs from idea to implementation. We are not only thinkers but also
● Drive projects and rapid iterations. We are an education startup, we love to learn and to
improve both ourselves and what we do.
● Have fun with creating flows and wireframes; making improvements through feedback.
Negotiate and articulate the "why" of design decisions. You'll need to convince, to
disagree confidently, take and give straightforward criticism.
● Plan, design and conduct usability testing. Document, communicate and act upon the
● Prioritize on must-haves, great-to-haves, and good-to-haves.
● Be obsessive about simple and elegant designs. Be proud of what you deliver.
● Mentor junior UX Designers as needed.
● Have 5+ years of great experience designing web and mobile products.
● Proficient at developing user flows, information architecture and high fidelity
wireframes; must be able to show a portfolio of past work.
● Proficient at using modern design tools.
● Strong skills of strategic creative thinking and user-centered design process/principles.
● Strong analytical skills to segment and understand different personas.
● Experience and great desire to do usability testing.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills.
● Good knowledge of lean/agile product development, mobile platforms and market
Competitive salary & equity compensation
Full health, dental, vision
Great SOMA location
WORK STRUCTURE & COMPENSATION
Udemy is based in SOMA, San Francisco. Compensation includes full time base and equity and competitive benefits (including healthcare, commuter benefits, and an unlimited vacation policy.
Learn more about Udemy, our mission, culture, philosophies, and team.
UDEMY IN THE NEWS