UDEMY Senior QA Engineer (Full-Time) - San Francisco
Udemy is an online marketplace that connects experts from around the world with learners who are seeking better skills, careers and lives. Through its unique and on-demand online courses, Udemy is leading skill-based and lifelong learning online with more than 6,000 courses, from Technology to Business, taught by some of the world’s top experts, including New York Times best-selling authors, CEOs, celebrities, and Ivy League professors. By changing the lives of more than 500,000 students, Udemy is driving innovation and democratization of the learning process.
What you will do: The Senior QA Engineer will help build our quality assurance program.
* Design, document, write and run automation test cases in a cross-functional role.
* Work closely with teams involved in the development cycle, while maintaining a positive relationship that demands respect for quality.
* Able to adjust and deliver in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
* Test the Udemy.com website and web services.
The Senior QA Engineer role demands strong communication skills, a fast-learner of how things work, and the obsession to deliver products quickly while maintaining quality. The ideal candidate will have:
* Experience with QA Automation tools like Selenium is required
* B.A. or B.S. in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering Sciences and/or 5 years experience in a technical QA role – Master’s Degree a plus.
* Excellent SQL skills: including extensive experience querying large, complex data sets.
* Efficiency in scripts (Shell, and one of Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby, etc).
* Efficiency in writing automation scripts.
* Load/Performance test experience.
* Working experience with automation testing tools such as Selenium RC, Watir, SilkTest.
* Strong understanding of QA methodology in an Agile working environment.
* Ecommerce, Social network or e-learning industry experience
* Experience in consumer internet startups