Engineer – Core Applications Group
New York, NY | Engineering
An engineer who understands computing and data and loves to make the tools that underlie our applications, API, and data storage.
What You'll Do:
- Create and improve the tools that enable the creation, maintenance, and presentation of over 142 million blogs of incredible content
- Write robust, pragmatic code in PHP, Ruby, Scala, and others
- Collaborate with a talented team of designers and fellow engineers
- Challenge yourself and grow
What We're Looking For:
- An aggressive stance on attacking problems and features
- A passion for building tools you would be proud to share with other engineers
- Experience with a variety of tools, systems, algorithms, and practices
- A desire to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- The initiative to dig in on a problem and the guts to take a position on the way it should be solved
- Working knowledge of a diverse toolset including scripting and compiled languages, relational and non-relational databases, etc. We can teach you our stack, but we can't make you understand computing.
Tools We Like:
- PHP5, Scala, Ruby
- MySQL, Redis
- Varnish, Memcached
- Hadoop, Hive, Pig
Tumblr is home to the most creative people in the world, and we’re looking for equally inventive people to join our team in New York City. Get ready to define the next generation of creative tools, and make beautiful ways for our community to share, discover, and connect with the stuff they love. We work in an open, positive, and collaborative environment at our headquarters near Union Square. Founded in 2007, Tumblr has more than 149 million blogs and 67 billion posts made by passionate creators from all over the world.