Quality Engineer - Back-End Automation | Emeryville, CA
We are searching for a Software Engineer in Test to be a part of our overall quality assurance and software testing efforts. You will be responsible for verifying different aspects of our ad platform, with a primary focus on automated test development. This includes building test harnesses, as well as writing test scripts in Java. You will work side-by-side with our development team in an Agile environment.
Candidates should have a passion for quality and an interest in testing on high-performance, "Big Data" systems. In this role, you will be working with a Java application stack that leverages open-source tools like Zookeeper, Hadoop, HBase, Hive, and Couchbase. Candidates will at least be familiar with the technologies we are using but may not have had the opportunity to acquire deep experience in previous job settings. However, you should have a true passion for test automation that is apparent in your past work.
Engineering roles at TubeMogul are not rigid. Developers interested in developing skills outside of their core competency are often rotated into projects that interest them.
· Build and extend custom test harnesses to validate proper behavior of our Real-Time-Bidding engine
· Develop automated scripts to simulate and validate 3rd party integrations
· Work with application engineers to ensure monitors provide visibility and feedback on Key Performance parameters in production environment
· Design creative approaches to solving technical challenges dealing with high volume, low latency data workflows
· Be the gatekeeper for production releases and point person for investigating any related issues
· Organize and conduct test planning meetings with engineers and product managers
· Establishing performance benchmarks and automating the verification of this benchmark as part of the continuous delivery system
· Confidence writing Java and Python
· Familiarity with RDBMS and writing MySQL queries
· Experience working with UNIX
· Knowledge of object oriented paradigms
· Familiarity with HTTP testing to simulate device user agents
· Familiarity with operations alerting and monitoring infrastructure like ganglia, graphite, and Nagios
· Familiar with log file analysis, identifying inconsistencies using tools like awk/grep/sed
· Comfortable with integrating testing in systems operating in parallel to the production environment.
· Interested in open source tools such as Hadoop, Hazelcast, and Codahale Metrics
Experience on comparable alternatives to these technologies is welcome. You will own the quality aspects of the continuous delivery for a high volume Ad Server product. Must be intimately familiar with build-release-deployment along with Java development. Your participation in the evolution of the infrastructure is a key part of this role.
TubeMogul is an enterprise software company for digital branding. By reducing complexity, improving transparency and leveraging real-time data, our platform enables marketers to gain greater control of their digital video advertising spend and achieve their brand advertising objectives. TubeMogul was incorporated in 2007 and is a public company listed on the NASDAQ Stock Exchange under the symbol “TUBE”. We are based in Emeryville, California with operations in New York, London, Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney, Toronto and offices across the United States.
To learn more about TubeMogul and what we're building, check out our Vimeo page: http://vimeo.com/tubemogul
Compensation / Perks:
You will be rewarded for your hard work! You'll appreciate a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits and equity. You'll love a challenging work environment; A-player colleagues, momentum, strong leadership and clear objectives and the ability to make a difference. Other benefits include: medical, dental, vision, 401k, bonus program, flat screen monitors, weekly happy hours, in-office game room (read: Foosball tourneys), Zen room complete with massage chair, food, Yoga and lots more!
Please use the link provided to apply. We look forward to reviewing your resume! This opportunity is for people interested in full-time work only. For more career opportunities, please check out tubemogul.com/jobs.
No contractors, consultancies will be considered. TubeMogul does not pay fees for unsolicited resumes.