Much like the world of healthcare, our own firm is constantly growing, changing, learning and improving. Our professional development program is designed to address individual career goals of every employee/family member and create a fulfilling and enriching experience from day one.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Prepares cargo for loading or unloading:
- Receives local or nationwide trip assignment and manifest from section chief
- Performs safety inspection of vehicle and notes any needed repairs on vehicle condition report.
- Performs routine vehicle checks and tops off oil, antifreeze, and windshield fluids as required, as well as adjusting tire pressure.
- Assists with truck loading as necessary, ensuring that material is loaded in accordance with weight distribution guidelines and limitations.
- Confirms that material loaded onto truck corresponds with manifest.
- Unloads truck using a variety of material handling equipment, as necessary, and professionally represents Logistics by providing excellent customer service.
- Perform ad hoc warehouseman duties such as loading/unloading trucks and moving materials between designated staging locations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of the safe operation of a range of vehicles and material handling equipment within the scope of the commercial Class A driver's license, with endorsements.
- Thorough knowledge of loading cargo vehicles to ensure that material is loaded in accordance with weight distribution guidelines and limitations.
- Thorough knowledge of the delivery of cargo to remote sites, airfields, docks, urban areas.
- Ability to obtain knowledge of unique policies and regulations that pertain to the secure transportation of materials.
- Through knowledge of DOT regulations on transportation of hazardous materials.
- Thorough knowledge of loading dock and tractor-trailer safety procedures and requirements.
- Working knowledge of Windows-based computer applications.
- Ability to obtain a working understanding of the Working Capital Fund business operating structure.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail to ensure that the material delivered and/or picked up matches with what is documented on the cargo manifest.
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.