Sr. Java Backend Engineer
San Francisco, CA | Engineering
Tradeshift is looking for an outstanding senior back-end engineer with web development experience to join our kick-ass engineering team. You will become a member of an international, skilled, cross-functional and self-driven production team that includes developers, designers and product people. At Tradeshift, we are changing the way companies do electronic business together - globally. We work hard and our teams have great freedom and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to evolve the product to the next level.
We expect you to enjoy engaging with customers and partners directly to help them successfully integrate with our platform. Additionally, you will be building the vital tools needed to increase user adoption.
We expect that you understand how your technical solutions contribute to realizing a broader vision, and that you have a passion for interacting with many different people to achieve a goal.
You are strong in several of the following areas:
- Deep Java skills, experience with frameworks and library collections such as Spring and Apache commons
- Experience with Linux/Unix, Apache, Tomcat, Jetty in live environments.
- Experience with or interest for high-scalability distributed system technologies
- Working experience in structured development and build environments (continuous integration, automated testing, automated configuration and deployment)
- Experience with internet programming (REST, SOAP, client/server, Ajax) and related security paradigms (e.g. OAuth, OpenId, SSO/SAML, WS-Security, PKI)
- Good database skills (Postgresql, Oracle, Mysql, SQL Server or similar)
- Curiosity towards new technology, programming languages, frameworks, etc...
We expect you to:
- Be absolutely kick-ass at what you do
- 2+ years of professional experience, or working knowledge of black magic
- Be fluent in English speaking, reading and writing
- Know a lot about what's happening in the world of cutting-edge Web, SaaS/PaaS development
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
What we can offer:
- Ambitious, international startup environment
- Being part of a super dedicated, agile team of very skilled people
- Revolutionizing the way small businesses do business, and help the world get rid of paper invoices
- A competitive compensation package including options
- Fantastic medical, dental and vision benefits covered 100%
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Life, Short and Long-term Disability
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries!
This position is full-time based in our San Francisco office. Qualifed candidates located in the bay area or open to relocating, please apply and include code samples and/or link to your github profile.