Who are we?
Located in San Diego, TE2, The Experience Engine™ Inc. is a market leading Experience-as-a-Service company (XaaS). We integrate physical and digital experiences across mobile, web, and wearable technologies resulting in contextually relevant branded consumer experiences that are personalized, convenient, memorable and secure. Our enterprise platform combines time-of-day, customer data, and proximity to deliver game-changing consumer experiences using Bluetooth Low Energy Beacons (BLE), GPS, Wi-Fi, NFC and RFID technology. Recent Press
Who are you?
- You love technology. When you are not coding at work, you play with technology for fun
- You are humble, but confident
- You don't play politics and stand-up for what you think is right
- You are motivated by building a product that is innovative and game changing
- You like to work with a wide array of technology rather than specializing in one specific technology
- You love big technical challenges
- You truly care about the business impact of what you build
- You adapt well to change
- 4+ years of related work experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field (preferred, but not necessary.)
- Strong grasp of OO programming principles and professional experience in at least one modern OOP language: Java, C#, C++, etc.
- Advanced software design experience
- Experience with other web development languages: Ruby, Python, Groovy, PHP
- Server-side development experience (Java preferred)
- Willingness and ability to embrace an AGILE development methodology
- Experience with OSGi standard is a plus
- Experience with JBoss Drools and Jetty is a plus
Our current tech stack:
- Java, JDK 1.7
- OSGi-bundling to deliver our applications
- Our OSGi container/platform is Apache ServiceMix
- Apache CXF (the JAX-RS standard) to expose our API's as RESTful web services
- Enunciate to provide automatically generated documentation of the API's
- Build system is Maven, we are doing continuous integration with Jenkins, and we are all using Eclipse Kepler as our development environment
Note from our Head of Technology:
"Our team manages all work through user stories. Every two weeks we go through the backlog to build a list of stories that we will tackle over the next two weeks. We meet as a team to go through each story to estimate its size and to build up a list of tasks needed to complete it. Often we realize more design work is needed, so we will create tasks to define interfaces, draw up sequence diagrams, or class hierarchies as needed. The process is very democratic, or more precisely - meritocratic. We will implement the best approach we can come up with together, not a design mandate from the top-down. We tackle 10 stories or so each sprint, with 3-5 tasks under each one, so there are lots of opportunities to get involved."
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Your choice of new laptop (Mac, PC) and software
- Fewer rules, no dress code, and the opportunity to create something significant that will impact millions of consumers
If you don't have an up-to-date resume handy, but have a Stack Overflow, Github, LinkedIn profile (or similar), please pass that along . We are looking forward to hearing from you.
**Note to third-party recruiters. At this time, we are not working with any outside recruiting agencies.