Located in Solana Beach, CA, the experience engine is a technology company focused on helping our customers create and manage game changing consumer experiences that will drive higher revenue and customer satisfaction. We intelligently and securely leverage attributes such as location, context, and identity, all in a real-time environment, to create immersive and integrated experiences for venues, events, theme parks, activities, hospitality and important locations or destinations. We call this category Experience Management. Our offering includes a cloud based platform called Te2, a family of products called Te2.MEE, and a suite of professional services that integrates and extends a company's core systems of record to the consumer's devices including smart-phones, tablets, and wearable technology.
To see examples of the type of work we focus on, check out the following article on Experience Management
Reporting to the CEO, The Director of Product Management will work as a part of a cross-functional team and will own the platform and product roadmap, define product priorities and product requirements, perform competitive analysis, and provide pre and post-sales support. This is a "roll your sleeves up" position. In other words, you will personally perform all these responsibilities; not delegate. This position requires someone opinionated, confident, aggressive, and independent.
- Prioritize, own, and drive the strategic product roadmap with engineering, sales, and operations teams.
- Partner with engineering and sales to develop detailed and actionable requirements
- Meet with customers and partners to identify functional requirements, evangelize the value proposition, and communicate the product roadmap and vision.
- Manage relationships with strategic technology partners.
- Review progress continually through complete product lifecycle to ensure goals are achieved.
- Work with technical teams during the development cycle to ensure the product meets customer requirements and perform the right tradeoffs and prioritization.
- Work closely with sales to grow the business and ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Act as subject matter expert for products and services.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 30%.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- BS degree in an analytical related field is preferred
- Prior experience owning and deploying a SaaS or PaaS based solution
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager with an advanced understanding of Service Oriented Architecture, Real-time Data Systems, Mobile Technologies, and/or Big Data Systems.
- Experience working within an AGILE development environment
- Solid understanding of product management processes including: developing MRDs/PRDs, performing competitive analysis, feature prioritization and technology assessments.
- Ability to understand the requirements of the various decision makers in an organization, and how to be the customer advocate within TE2.
- Must be adept at forecasting, pricing, positioning and managing product transitions.
- Ability to gather data from a variety of sources, assess their validity and formulate hypothesis, including financial statements, primary and secondary research, customer and partner interviews.
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Your choice of machine and software (Mac or PC)
- Relaxed dress code
- You will get to create and develop something significant that millions of consumers will enjoy. You will not be working in a corner cube on legacy solutions that no consumer will ever touch
If you don't have an up-to-date resume handy, but have a LinkedIn profile (or similar), please pass that along . You can reach us at [[redacted]]. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
**Note to third-party recruiters. At this time, we are not working with any outside recruiting agencies.